cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 Searching or No Service

Ashbury
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently picked up an iphone 6. It was previously used with Telus. My current phone is working without a problem with the current sim card. When I put the sim card into the iphone it says "searching" or "no service".

I've looked through the community messages and have seen similar concerns along with some things to try. The phone has the lates IOS, I've tried toggling airplane mode on and off, toggled roaming and LTE, nothing works. Does anybody have any thoughts on how this can be fixed?

29 REPLIES 29

@Ashbury wrote:

Yeah, not stolen. I completely trust the person I got it from. We've been friends for years and wouldn't even think getting a second hand phone. He's all about getting his tech off the shelf. 🙂

Yeah, unfortunately it can be done, by other people, not necessarily the person you bought it from, good idea to check!

Ashbury

Yeah, not stolen. I completely trust the person I got it from. We've been friends for years and wouldn't even think getting a second hand phone. He's all about getting his tech off the shelf. 🙂

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Ashbury wrote:

green for valid purchase date, expired on the other two.

did the IMEI check out?

@Ashbury wrote:

did the IMEI check out?

@hairbag1 wrote:

Did you check to see if your phone has been flagged as stolen ? Click the Get Started tab at the top of the pages, then scroll down to Start Checking. There's a place to see if that phone has been reported as Lost or Stolen.

Hope it's not that...but good luck.

That is the website I just sent him too!

Ashbury

Did you check to see if your phone has been flagged as stolen ? Click the Get Started tab at the top of the pages, then scroll down to Start Checking. There's a place to see if that phone has been reported as Lost or Stolen.

Hope it's not that...but good luck.

@Ashbury  and here with your IMEI number

https://www.devicecheck.ca/

@Ashbury 

What do you get when you put the serial number in here?

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ca/en/

@Ashbury wrote:

I received it fully reset but I figured I might as well do it again via ITunes. I just finished a full reset about half an hour ago.

Yes the APN was what I was looking for and it is correct. And I am assuming that it is still not working after you did the full reset?

Ashbury

I received it fully reset but I figured I might as well do it again via ITunes. I just finished a full reset about half an hour ago.

Ashbury

there's the APN: isp.mb.com

Did you try a full reset of the phone just to start out fresh to see? 

@Ashbury wrote:

And if it means anything, the phone is showing that it can read the sim card as it says Public Mobile in the carrier settings.

I assume you mean it says Public Mobile after "Network Selection"? What does it say for Celluar Data Network?

Ashbury

And if it means anything, the phone is showing that it can read the sim card as it says Public Mobile in the carrier settings.

Ashbury

The sim works fine in my other phone.

@Ashbury confirm that the sim you are using is a sim you used in another phone and it was working properly?

@Ashbury on a side note I would get it unlocked just to avoid hazzles in the future.

UPDATE - second thought, get it unlocked now if you can, then you can use the fido sims to help troubleshoot this issue.

@Ashbury wrote:

Nope. But the phone said that it wouldn't. I didn't think that the phone was locked but perhaps it is. Either way, it shouldn't matter because PM is Telus.

Yes, just asked because if they did work that means the phone is not locked and it is not a phone problem.

Ashbury

Nope. But the phone said that it wouldn't. I didn't think that the phone was locked but perhaps it is. Either way, it shouldn't matter because PM is Telus.

@Ashbury wrote:

I've reset the network settings as well restarted. I hooked it up to itunes and it said that couldn't verify the sim card and suggested that I pull the sim card out and put it back in, remove the sim pin (which I'm not using). I'm not new to iphones but this one is stumping me. It's possible that there is a hardware problem but I can't verify that as all the other sim cards in the house or Fido.

Does the FIDO cards work?

Ashbury

I've reset the network settings as well restarted. I hooked it up to itunes and it said that couldn't verify the sim card and suggested that I pull the sim card out and put it back in, remove the sim pin (which I'm not using). I'm not new to iphones but this one is stumping me. It's possible that there is a hardware problem but I can't verify that as all the other sim cards in the house or Fido.

@Alex888 wrote:
@AshburyIs your phone locked to Telus? You may need to contact them to get it unlocked.

AHHH what?!?!?!?  @Alex888 , you have been around long enough to know that Telus and PM are the same company on the same network so having a phone locked to Telus will still work on PM.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I assume the 6 is basically the same as the 6s. Also Someone with an old 4 was having the same issue last night and hooking to iTunes via usb fixed their issue I believe 

iphone6reboot.PNGiphone6noservice.PNG

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Ashbury wrote:

I recently picked up an iphone 6. It was previously used with Telus. My current phone is working without a problem with the current sim card. When I put the sim card into the iphone it says "searching" or "no service".

I've looked through the community messages and have seen similar concerns along with some things to try. The phone has the lates IOS, I've tried toggling airplane mode on and off, toggled roaming and LTE, nothing works. Does anybody have any thoughts on how this can be fixed?

What @GR suggest may work. I would also do a "all settings reset" as well if you have not done that.

@Alex888 wrote:
@AshburyIs your phone locked to Telus? You may need to contact them to get it unlocked.

An iPhone 6 locked to Telus would work on Public Mobile. Also, Public Mobile can get iPhone devices unlocked or provide unlock codes for other types of devices locked to Telus.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Ashbury Is your phone locked to Telus? You may need to contact them to get it unlocked.

GR
Mayor / Maire

Maybe do a network reset and try the Sim again.  My daughter has an iPhone 6 on public mobile with no problems! 

Need Help? Let's chat.