cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant transfer to new phone

George01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok i bought an iphone 14 from my daughter and tried to switch over to it . everything went to the new phone until it said it couldnt transfer my service to it , the phone even says no carrier restrictions . is this an e-sim thing ? or is this just a common thing that happens with public mobile

9 REPLIES 9

George01

thanks mate , everything works great ! much appreciated

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@George01 

You need to download the PM app and purchase a new eSIM on the iPhone 14. I recall if you are transferring eSIM to a new phone. You will be refunded for the eSIM on the new iPhone.

George01

quick question , im logged into my account but where exactly to i get the esim

George01

i will give this a try

@George01  Yes physical sim is easier, just take it out of one phone and put it in another.  But no esim doesn't transfer.  You have to download the PM app and purchase a new one on the new phone.  If you had esim before the $5 should be credited to your account.

George01

wouldnt my e-sim transfer to the new phone ? im wondering if it would be easier to have a physical sim card over an esim

@George01   So did you download the Public Mobile app to the new phone, log in to your account and purchase an esim?  Have you been a Public Mobile customer for a while or just switching providers?

George01

ni have service on my iphone xr , tried to transfer my service to the iphone 14 and all my settings went but it wouldnt transfer my phone service

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@George01  What did you do exactly?  You downloaded the app on the new phone, logged in and purchased an esim but it doesn't work?  Is the esim installed?

Need Help? Let's chat.