cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

KaiSchell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I put the PM SIM card in the phone I want to use it comes up as an invalid SIM.  I have put that same SIM in other phones with no issues.  The phone I want to use also does not allow me to input the unlock PIN.  I have contacted the former carrier to get the phone unlocked, which they say it has been.  Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like your phone is locked to particular provider.

Did you Ever use your mobile phone as an active phone? And if yes, who was provider?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KaiSchell 
This is not an SIM issue but is locked by Samsung so call the number supplied by @softech .

This is a common issue with Samsung phones.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try clearing cache in Settings > Storage > Internal Storage > Cached Data

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @KaiSchell 

entering *#06# on your devices to get IMEI number to Check the Status of Your Device in Canada

@KaiSchell   Let me know how it turns out after you call Samsung (1-800-726-7864) .  People called before and they can provide either the Samsung master lock or the unlock code no problem

KaiSchell

I have inserted an active SIM card from another carrier and the phone gives me the same option.

SIM network unlock PIN screen pops up, but I cannot advance from there, even after pressing the unlock button it does not advance to an area where I can type in the unlock PIN. 

@KaiSchell   Try to call Samsung, it might be a Samsung master lock it is asking for ..

Samsung 1-800-726-7864, The only info you will need to provide for a master unlock was the IMEI and where the phone was purchased

KaiSchell

I have put non-PM SIM card into the phone, it comes up with the same issue, "Invalid SIM card Network locked SIM card inserted"

This is on a Samsung Galaxy S9+

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KaiSchell   if you  put your PM SIM into other phone and it has no issue, then it is a device issue

did you try to put another , non-PM sim into this phone?  does it give the same error?

What EXACT error message you got on the screen ?  

and what brand/model is the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.