cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM Card

sithrolling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, recently, my phone crapped out and I had to switch to a new one. However, when I inserted my Public Mobile SIM Card (that had already been activated in another phone) a notification popped up that said "Invalid SIM Card: Network locked SIM card inserted". At the moment, I can't find a solution to this problem. Some help would be very much appreciated. If it helps, the last SIM Card inserted into the phone was a Bell SIM Card

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to enter the unlock code provided by your phone carrier to unlock your Galaxy phone. click HERE 

or

For iphone read information about it but you don't need a code to type click HERE

the do it by carrier .

suggest you if you can try your device for a factory reset, is better.

Good Luck

@sithrolling wrote:

No, I mean that there is nowhere to type in the code. I know that there is supposed to be a popup that appears when you put the new SIM Card in for typing in the unlock code. That popup does not appear

@sithrolling   So the pop up message you were getting when you first inserted PM's SIM, no longer appears?

Perhaps you need to contact moderators for help.  Here's couple of links, first try the chatbot and follow prompts to submit a ticket: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket try sending a private message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sithrolling

No, I mean that there is nowhere to type in the code. I know that there is supposed to be a popup that appears when you put the new SIM Card in for typing in the unlock code. That popup does not appear

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

suggest you if you can try your SIM card on other device.

and if you like to do your device for a factory reset.

@sithrolling wrote:

I tried it again and it still doesn't work sadly.

@sithrolling    Do you mean the code you are entering is not being accepted?  Just double check that the digits are correct when entering them.

sithrolling

That doesn't seem to have worked, unfortunately. I tried fully powering it off and putting the PM SIM Card in, and there was still no opportunity to type in the unlock code.

sithrolling

I tried it again and it still doesn't work sadly.

@sithrolling wrote:

Oh, ok. How would I go about doing that?

@sithrolling    Have you inserted the PM SIM into your locked phone yet? 

Depending on the phone, it's a good idea to first power the phone off and remove the SIM from your previous provider and then insert PM's SIM.   Restart phone and it should ask you to input the unlock code.

sithrolling

Oh, ok. I'll give it a shot

@sithrolling wrote:

I contacted Bell and got an unlock code, but there is nowhere to input the code.

@sithrolling    I would try removing PM SIM and then reinserting it and rebooting your phone.  The unlock code usually appears immediately after inserting a new SIM if the phone is locked IIRC.

sithrolling

I contacted Bell and got an unlock code, but there is nowhere to input the code.

sithrolling

I have the unlock code, and I've restarted my phone to use the new SIM Card. However, when the phone boots back up, there is nowhere for me to type the unlock code that I got from Bell in. The error message I got before is still there.

@wellis wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887#M42286 

There is a section in this very helpful organizer by @Luddite that I believe tells you how to deal with this situation. Scroll down and you should see it. I’m not 100% sure if it applies, but I figured I should share regardless. 

The issue in this thread isn't about self serve.  Others have noticed that the phone is locked to another carrier. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, as advised above, you could try to contact Bell for an unlock code.

If it is a Samsung phone, you can get the unlock code from there as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to unlock your phone.

and if you are a owner for any device phone you Contact the carrier to unlock for you for free.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sithrolling wrote:

So, recently, my phone crapped out and I had to switch to a new one. However, when I inserted my Public Mobile SIM Card (that had already been activated in another phone) a notification popped up that said "Invalid SIM Card: Network locked SIM card inserted". At the moment, I can't find a solution to this problem. Some help would be very much appreciated. If it helps, the last SIM Card inserted into the phone was a Bell SIM Card

@sithrolling It sounds like the phone is locked to BELL. Contact them to unlock it for you, at no charge.

You will need the IMEI - Dial * # 06 # to get it.

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887#M42286 

There is a section in this very helpful organizer by @Luddite that I believe tells you how to deal with this situation. Scroll down and you should see it. I’m not 100% sure if it applies, but I figured I should share regardless. 

Need Help? Let's chat.