cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text does not go thru

asabet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just switched my service to include international texting.

I can send a text to the USA and Germany but trying to send to Iran without success.

Any suggestions to resolve that would be appreciated.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@asabet  The fact that you can send out international texts to some  and not to others suggests that the problem is on the other end provided you are dialing the number correctly.

asabet

Thanks a lot.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You try using an app like Textnow to see if the texts goes through.

@Anonymous oh, right, thanks. Yes, then the issue may be in country codes and how correctly to use them.

asabet

By the way, that is only for texting, not phone calls.

@asabet Its the exit codes. I misread your post. I thought you meant calling. Stay safe 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@asabet wrote:

Hi,

I just switched my service to include international texting.

I can send a text to the USA and Germany but trying to send to Iran without success.

Any suggestions to resolve that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes @gblackma and @Staliger read the subject line. 🙂

@asabet : The recipient may have their own limitations on receiving international texts. Some countries may put up their own filters too on incoming communications from elsewhere.

Edit: as per the exit code thought...you could also try just the + symbol in front of all the numbers. Looking at the example in Triguy's excellent post...instead of the 011, use just +.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@asabet you can send messages only to countries listed in the addon. Iran is not one of them unfortunately.

asabet

That is not Addon.

That is a plan with "Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging".

Nowhere has mentioned that Iran is not included.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@asabet Iran isn't included in the international addon. You have to get a calling card.Stay safe. 

Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

@asabet 

Did you try a few different Iran numbers to text to?  Maybe it might be an issue with the Iran mobile number.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • Step 1: Exit code – 011
    Your international phone number should start with North America exit code 011.
  • Step 2: Country code
    Followed by Iran Country code 98
  • Step 3: Area code and number
    Finally followed by area code Tehran 21 and phone number: 98 21 xxxx xxxx
  • EXAMPLE: 011 98 21 xxxx xxxx
Need Help? Let's chat.