cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling Add-On not working

sofiam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public Mobile Community,

I purchased the 'International Calling Add-On' on 21-SEPT-2023.

I tried making a call to the United Kingdom (+44) on 22-SEPT-2023.

I tried restarting, and turning off my phone, but the error message when calling the UK was always the same: 'You have used all available minutes'.

I have not used any minutes. My Public Mobile account still reads 'Zero minutes used'. I just bought the add-on.

Can someone please help? I have a job interview. Please and thank-you.

5 REPLIES 5

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Perfect! Hope they can get you sorted before your call. Good luck with the interview! 🙂 

sofiam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi JRod,

I really appreciate the information. Thank-you for your help! I have contacted Customer Service,

Have a great day 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Some countries have dedicated add-on for long distance.

UK is one of them and international add-on will not work. Holiday bonuses do include UK.

DDM69

2023-05-24 22_46_45-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

JRod

@sofiam 

Hello! The international calling add-on unfortunately doesn’t support the UK. There is a separate minutes add-on specially for the UK. 

Countries included in the international calling add-on are: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

I would suggest reaching out to support and they might be able to help you switch to the intended add-on without incurring any more costs. This really depends on the agent as PM usually is no refunds. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.