cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect billing for promotional plan

RedMtl1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried searching this question, but perhaps am not choosing the correct words. In August I took the 50GB/$50.00 offer, if taken for 90 days/three months. Nevertheless, I have been billed the $55.00 per month, in three month increments, twice now: once in August, and once in November. So, I'm being overcharged for this promotional plan by $15.00 every three months, plus associated taxes. How do I get this fixed, and get back the overcharges? I'll settle for an equivalent credit on the account applied to the next cycle. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

RedMtl1

I will chase down the over-charge. Meanwhile I found a new offer just today for residents of Quebec. 60GB per month, Canada-U. S. A. data and calling, unlimited cross-border. $40.00 per month, billed monthly -- not every three months. Better price than what I have. More data, although I don't need that (barely use 2 GB in a month), same calling plan. And, with monthly billing if a change comes up, waiting a month or two to implement it won't be a factor. I've set the account to change at next billing. And, I definitely have screen shots from today's changes.  Thanks to those who commented. 

@RedMtl1   Yes the Quebec plans are different, usually better than for the rest of us!  Clicking on a plan usually only shows the 30 days until you click again and it comes up with the choice of 30 or 90 (for plans that have that option), which is a bit confusing.  I had the 150GB for $150 (3 x $50) and it was billed once for the 90 days.  Since you have a screenshot as evidence then that is useful to show customer support, who I presume you have contacted already as suggested earlier, since we are all customers here who can't do anything about such account issues.

RedMtl1

Hello

Thank you for the replies.

I did choose the correct plan and billing. Furthermore, the billing IS for 90 days/three months. Twice now it has been charged to my credit card for the three month period, without applying the discount for the promotion. Additionally, if i check my account, I can easily see they are billing for three months. First charge was 15 August 2023, second charge was 13 November 2023, upcoming charge is listed as to be billed in February 2024. And, for the person who suggested a screen shot at time of making the choice, I have that as well.

Also the new plans people are pointing out are not valid in Quebec (or don't seem to be), although there is a different one for 60GB data, also at $50.00 per month if the three month plan is taken that is showing when I am logged into my account (which knows I'm in Quebec). When I click on that choice, and select to update it when the present plan comes due as I do not want to lose what has been paid for, I do not get a menu choice to even select the three month option. It defaults to one month at a time at the higher cost, with no other choice available. I presume that is a website flaw.

However, that is a secondary problem, as I'm not considering a change.

Meanwhile, I've been over-billed.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RedMtl1  The default is 30 days unless you move the selection button down to 90 days.  I always take a screenshot of the subscription change as evidence just in case.  BTW you can now get 60GB unlimited for $120 (3 x $40) per 90 days so you might want to switch to that which would give you some savings going forward.  Just make sure to select "change on next renewal" and not "change now" and make sure to move the button from the default 30 to 90 days.  I just went for that one (thanks @Handy1 !).

If you're certain you moved the default button from 30 days to 90 days you can contact customer service by private message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RedMtl1  You must not have choose the 90 day option rather the 30 day variant of the plan would be my guess what does it show in your payment page 

Handy1_0-1702406296927.png

Add you should see this sorta option for 90 day plan 

Handy1_0-1702406471626.png

But you in luck there’s even a better plan right now @RedMtl1 

Handy1_1-1702406528314.png

Need Help? Let's chat.