cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect account number while porting

Kausar2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. New here. Accidentally used wrong account number while porting. I have raised a ticket, other than that, any way to fix this thing? Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds good. Ofc, I will let her know! 

happy that it works, now you can pick a solution for the one who helped 

Shubh2023

New update - 
Her Public SIM is working! Thanks to all of you guys.
She is happy about it, as she was paying more with old operator : )

Shubh2023

She mentioned that the old SIM is showing SOS and not working but she's sleeping right now so she's going to wake up later on and then insert the new SIM card and check it out 🙏🏻 

if the old sim card no longer works, port is done.  Ask her to check if the PM sim can make and receive calls.  If the PM sim does not work, then it is problem with the setup and need PM to check.

Shubh2023

Hey guys 👋🏻 

I just heard back from her and she mentioned that her old SIM card is showing SOS right now, so I suggested her to insert the Public Mobile SIM card in her phone and it should be okay! 

She told me about the scenario that she had already texted the customer care people with her phone number and correct account number so maybe they have processed it when they open the department, so that's why they did it before her calling them!!

@Kausar2024 wrote:

Maybe then I have to call tomorrow and talk to them, on call, so they can look into the situation! 

that's the right move 🙂

Kausar2024

Maybe then I have to call tomorrow and talk to them, on call, so they can look into the situation! 

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kausar2024 

If you activated with a temporary phone number and requested porting from within your account then you may have more options to fix the issue.

If you requested porting during activation you will have to wait until morning to either call the porting department and/or wait for customer support to reply to you since you cannot access your account until you can recieve the one time account holder verification text.

Kausar2024

It was predominantly a porting request though, moving from virgin to public

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kausar2024 

Are you porting in upon activation? Or afterwards within your account?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kausar2024 

There is a number to call to talk to live support.  You can provide them the correct number and  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  

But they are closed for tonight, so you will have to call them tomorrow morning.  

Need Help? Let's chat.