cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port - can't receive texts from certain users

rainbow3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I recently ported my number from Fido and realized that I cannot receive texts from only certain users - seems like Apple users and also from my bank two-factor authentication.

After browsing the forums, I suspect that my port was not fully completed. Can someone please take a look at my situation please?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If it's just iPhones, perhaps you are not getting iMessages which are sent via the data network, may need to relogin to your Apple account on the device. As for two factor from banks, I've read a few times that you cannot receive these messages for several days after a port. I don't know if that is true or not, certainly a big inconvenience and something that should be widely publicized if true as it can create really problematic situations.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rainbow3 

can you receive incoming calls?   If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rainbow3  - 

For your regular SMS and MMS texting try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

If you use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to try and fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

As for texts from short codes (banks and places), these take about 1 week to start coming to your new account.

EDIT,   did you receive the fido text to approve the port to Public? If yes, and if you are receiving incoming calls to your public SIM card then the port should be complete. Let us know if that is the case or not.

Note, we are customers like you here, not Public Mobile staff and have not access to your account.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.