cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls going straight to voicemail

stephanes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just changed phone company and install new SIM card and kept old phone number. Have no problems with the texting in sending or receiving and I can make phone calls. The only problem is all my incoming calls are going straight to voicemail. Have android phone. Is there anyone that ever had this issue and what is the fix for it.

This is what I did so far:

The Network is strong enough.
Flight Mode is Off (Disabled).
Do Not Disturb is Disabled.
Call Forwarding (Always forward) is Disabled.
Block list is set to Off.
3 REPLIES 3

kjweather
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just happened to me! I switched over from freedom mobile at 5:30 pm, it took them until 1:30 pm the next day to cancel my account.  Now I have no issues.  In the interim, you might be able to place both your Sim cards in your phone?? That's what I did and it allowed me to text out and receive.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stephanes   It look it is a stuck port.  The number likely have not port to Public Mobile yet.  The voicemail those incoming calls were going was the voicemail from the old provider.  You can try to put the sim from your old provider back to the phone and it likely still work

Call the porting support team and talk to the live person.  Will message you the phone number. .  They can re-trigger the porting process.  But you need to leave your old provider sim in a phone as you will receive a text from them to get your approval for the porting.  You need to reply that text within 90 mins

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Nice summary/troubleshooting @stephanes , that's helpful.

Did you reply to the porting SMS text when your old provider's sim card was in the phone ?

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues or you have when over the time it takes to port (as shown above) submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.