cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go to busy; Outgoing LOCAL call errors because of "no active long dist plan"

Ktseng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Errors:

1. No one can reach me because incoming calls go straight to busy. I don't receive any notifications at all.

2. Cannot make outgoing calls. Calling my home phone (which is local) and I receive the message "this phone doesn't have long distance add-on and is not covered in this plan". Recapping that these are all local numbers and used to work before.

What I tried:

- Switching SIM card to alternate phone. Errors persists which prompts that this is not due to phone/setting issues, but directly service provider errors.

- Basics: restarting (including hard restart) phone/apps/wifi and network settings, toggling airplane mode, ensuring call forwarding is off and that other apps are not blocking it, etc.

- Adding funds to the account, ensuring plan is active 

Notes:

- Text still works, dialing through Apps still work (ex. WhatsApp)

Unable to make/receive any calls. Any help on this please? Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@kselmak wrote:

It may be missing 3g connection too, you phone does have needed frequencies 850 and 1900 mhz

We know now based on the marked solution that this appears to have been an issue with the member being out of minutes, but it was already established earlier that the phone is compatible. Otherwise,the customer wouldn't have even heard the error message.

Is it a recent number port? (If so, it may need a few more days to fully complete.)

Dial 1 in front of all outgoing numbers, even local ones?

Dial-out works in some apps (Whatsapp, etc) ... Does it only fail in certain apps? Does it work with the built-in phone dialing app? Have you tried different apps on the device? Have you tried a factory reset to fix broken built-in apps on the device?

Ktseng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Confirming that this is the $10 plan. I tried adding $5 and it worked! Thank you. 

Super strange because this morning there was a notification that there was 10 minutes left....Not sure why but this was the reason why I didn't think of adding more funds for calls.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ktseng , are you on a limited minutes calling plan?  That would explain the outgoing call problem.  As for incoming calls, did you set the call forwarding feature to divert incoming calls?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ktseng 

By chance, do your have the old $10 plan (50 minutes of talk/30 day cycle)?  If so, maybe you ran out of minutes this month.  Then you could buy $5 - 500 minutes talk add on. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Please contact moderates to provision your account

I'm assuming that it was working on the same phones before

It may be missing 3g connection too, you phone does have needed frequencies 850 and 1900 mhz

Need Help? Let's chat.