cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go straight to vm

monochrome11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No ring, incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Outgoing calls work.

Took out the sim, restarted, toggled airplane mode, checked all 3G/4G call settings, account is active and not in arrears.

Any help welcome.

13 REPLIES 13

haytch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Monochrome,

I have the same phone. I was wondering if you were able to resolve your issue with Sony?

monochrome11

I narrowed it down to a device issue. I have a Sony Xperia 5 IV and I installed a firmware update earlier this week. The phone works fine otherwise so I didn't put it together (the firmware and incoming call issue). Will need to contact Sony to try to resolve.

[ really annoying when OS update causes issues 😡 Luddite]

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@monochrome11 - you said shows up as missed call? If that is the case, it doesn't seem like an account or sim issue, more like a network (hopefully temporary) or device issue. Have you silenced your calls on incoming calls be mistake?

Can you try your SIM card into another phone to see if incoming calls work? This could identify a device issue on your phone if incoming calls work in another phone.

@monochrome11  Please 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

monochrome11

still goes straight to VM

monochrome11

Call forwarding. Erasure was successful???

monochrome11

calls set to only 3G, also tried putting sim into another phone and back again, still no resolution.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What result do you get if you dial ##002# ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@monochrome11 

try to leave the network to 3G, it is better for now for incoming calls

you might want to put your PM sim in another phone if you have one.   This could force a sim provisioning and could resolve the problem 

monochrome11

unfortunately no, that's not the case.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@monochrome11  Have you tried resetting  network settings ? If this is not a port issue you can ask support if your SIM card is provisioned correctly and reset it if needed 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@monochrome11  .did you just port a number in and miss the confirmation text or not get it at all ? If this is the case there’s a number for live support that can help will send you private message 

monochrome11

also shoes up as 'missed call' on my phone. everything was working properly until a day or two ago.

Need Help? Let's chat.