cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls, funky caller id...

fillion01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all, anybody else getting funky characters in company names for incoming calls?

This should read Promutuel, but instead I get :

Screenshot_20230404-130538_Phone.jpg

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

fillion01

@softech done, history hasn't corrected itself but perhaps that's not going to happen, so now it's the waiting game, thanks!

@fillion01   

try also

1. Reset all networks for your phone (Please note that will delete your saved Wifi as well, but you just need to re-join them)

2. power down the phone for 5 mins before powering it back up and test

fillion01

@softech Canadian phone, configured it in english only.

Will try to clear phone app data and cache later, thanks for the suggestion.

fillion01

@dabr only started when I switched to PM, was on Bell prior, and even when they called me the next day to try and get me back, the name was unreadable, thought they did it on purpose so I didn't know it was them, but it occurred again with my insurance company yesterday... And if I go back into my call logs, I can see that prior to the change of carrier, all was ok with company names.

@fillion01 is that phone an Canadian or US model phone?  Any other languages installed?  

Also, try to clear cache and clear data on the phone app

fillion01

@softech yep, only on incoming calls, although when insurance company calls back, their outgoing number is seldom the one you use to call them, but everything I dial is OK, only what is incoming.

I did however try to switch back to default font just in case, didn't do anything just yet, but we'll have to wait and see.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fillion01   Did this just start happening recently?  Did you respond to one any of those spam callers perhaps or are these legitimate numbers but have strange incoming ID?  They do seem to be more unusual than most of the spam callers but maybe they're using newer tactics.

However, I  haven't seen any of those caller ID's (yet).   Used to get quite a few calls from long numbers starting with a V but those seem to have stopped for now.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@fillion01   just from caller id?

i wonder if it has anything to do with the font you use

but what regional and default launage you set to? 

Need Help? Let's chat.