cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to dial out of Canada

Lina5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried all the different ways ( exit code + country code + number ) and I can't place the call. I have intl minutes so it's not an account issue.

22 REPLIES 22

@Lina5 

I don't think that would have helped. I seems that with the introduction of volte, PM has clipped some of the calling loopholes that have existed.

You should keep trying though.

Lina5

Had I known, I would have sat on those phone calls a lot longer lol. It sucks that I purposely rationed my minutes so I could call once a month.

HI @Lina5   I guess PM finally stopped it

some countries can be called randomly for sometime but will stop working.  We saw posts like that often

Lina5

Yes, I made 2 separate calls in Jan and Feb. And now I can't get through - it keeps saying check the number and try again.

@Lina5 

it is unfortunate but on the bright side, if you know anyone in ...say...Venezuela, you're good to go !!  😁

HI @Lina5   so, you were able to use it to call Dubai before? as in you were using a PM phone using this addon to call Dubai?

Lina5

Thank you for all your responses. It's unfortunate to waste those free minutes. Oh well

hi @Lina5 

unfortunately you cannot call Dubai with the bonus free minutes they gave you .  You have to call Dubai using calling calls or VoIP  

@Lina5 wrote:

When they gave us free minutes in December they said anywhere in the world no?

@Lina5   No, it wasn't saying all countries.  There were fine prints about countries you can call

In fact, the bonus addon can call less countries than the paid addon,  here is the list:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

@Lina5 

this is another example about PM tightening the loophole, the OP was calling Uganda  for years and no longer now:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Need-help-making-international-calls-agai...

@Lina5 

nope...sorry. Just to the selected countries on that list.

added...clipped from ANNOUNCEMENTS

More is Merrier with Public Mobile

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Lina5

When they gave us free minutes in December they said anywhere in the world no?

@Lina5 wrote:

Trying to call Dubai

Looks like it's not on the list...

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

@Lina5 

Dubai is not on the list.  If you can call before and not now , this could be another example PM is tightening up the loophole in the long distance add-on

Thsi is the list 

**Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

Lina5

Trying to call Dubai

@Lina5 

what country are you trying to call. Sometimes in the past, calls would go through that weren't supposed to...but recently have ceased working.

@Lina5 wrote:

I've called this country before and it's worked, now it's not working. Also I already checked my balance and I have plenty minutes remaining.

@Lina5   but which country is that?  

There was another post, OP has been calling a Carribean country, but that country is not on any of the LD country addon.  PM corrected it and that OP no longer able to call

Lina5

Loads of minutes remaining

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lina5 

did you get the correct Long distance add-on yet?

Check My Account, go to Plan & Add-on, Shop addon and see if the country you want to call showing up in one of the add-on , if so, make the purchase first

Lina5

I've called this country before and it's worked, now it's not working. Also I already checked my balance and I have plenty minutes remaining.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lina5 

where you are calling? 

First, with PM, not all counties can be called

And if it is a country you can call, you need to get the correct addon before you can call there

Let us know which country you are calling and how you make the scall (calling sequence)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lina5 

try this to make sure you haven't run outta those Int'l calling minutes.

plan.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.