cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call issue new user

pm_user_2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"I moved my phone number to Public Mobile, and the transfer was completed successfully. However, I am unable to make calls, although I can receive them on my Public Mobile device and use 5G data without any issues. Even when I switch back to my previous service provider’s SIM card, I am still unable to make calls. Furthermore, my previous service provider’s phone service has been completely terminated, and I have been unable to make any calls using their service for over 10 hours.

I followed all the guidelines provided by my previous service provider when transferring my phone number to Public Mobile. I even responded with YES to the message ‘received a request to transfer’ that I received via SMS from my previous service provider. After that, I switched to the Public Mobile SIM card and rebooted my phone several times, but I am still unable to make calls. What should I do next?

8 REPLIES 8

@pm_user_2024 

the Customer Service Agents are busy 365 days per year. Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to you.

pm_user_2024

@HALIMACS 

I sent the Private Messages you mentioned to the agent about 2 hours ago, but I’m not sure when I’ll get a reply since today is a holiday. It’s a bit disappointing that I can’t know the progress when such a problem occurs. In this situation, I probably won’t be able to make a call until the day after tomorrow. Thank you for your answer. For now, I’ll look forward to the issue being resolved when business starts tomorrow

@HALIMACS wrote:

It's the other way around @kb_mv , isn't it?

If the OP's prior service account is completely disconnected and none of the services work with it, the port was completed. 

I've always understood that incoming calls are the last to occur and if they cannot be received in the PM SIM (or go to voicemail) then it is a failed port.

@HALIMACS @pm_user_2024 my bad, you are correct. Not sure what I was thinking! I'll amend the post.

It's the other way around @kb_mv , isn't it?

If the OP's prior service account is completely disconnected and none of the services work with it, the port was completed. 

I've always understood that incoming calls are the last to occur and if they cannot be received in the PM SIM (or go to voicemail) then it is a failed port.

@pm_user_2024 wrote:

Correction: Incoming calls are fine, but outgoing calls aren’t working.

@pm_user_2024 That is an entirely different matter. Sounds like your port got stuck. Contact the Telus porting team at the number I'll message you. They should be able to help you out. Check your messages.

Please follow advice from @HALIMACS 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pm_user_2024  When incoming calls are problematic, that usually indicates the port process has not competed as it should, however you are clearly stating problem is outgoing calls, not incoming.

In that case, reach out to the customer support staff on the link I provided earlier, please.

pm_user_2024

Correction: Incoming calls are fine, but outgoing calls aren’t working.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pm_user_2024 

Can you try clearing the phone app's cache and data from the app, then reboot device, then try again.

Perhaps also try resetting network connections and toggling airplane mode on/off - those sometimes get things established.

If that doesn't work reach out to the customer support agents for them to re-provision the account.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.