cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call/Text Issues

Tonton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I cannot recieve incoming calls from folks using Rogers (the provider I'm noticing now).  They reach my VM and I eventually get that.  I receive Bell calls and text about 90% of the time, and sometimes they experience the same thing as the Rogers folks.  With Bell, it's totally random.

I've also noticed that it took about 15 minutes to receive a text from EverSafe for the confirmation code this morning, but that behavior (as far as I can see) is sporadic at best.

Is there any way I can diagnose if Telus is even seeing Rogers calls coming into my account?

I will say this has been an ongoing issue for about a couple months, but people from Rogers use social media and other means over GSM.  So, I can't say it's been a pain until recently while I troubleshooted it off and on.

4 REPLIES 4

Tonton

Hi @softech,

So, that worked for me for both the tester phone and the current Pixel 7.  I have a thought on something that could be the culprit, but I'm unsure.

I bounce back and forth between the US and Canada about 1-2 times every quarter of a year.  Aside from Network selection issues with Android and the US, I haven't seen any issues flipping back to Public Mobile when coming back to Canada.  In addition, I always get an immediate update without delay on the US flip when it happens via whatever Network I'm on.

Do you think it might be related to the flip back?  I will troubleshoot in the future when I come back from the US and get a Rogers person to test things out again.  I will try the Reset All Networks proposal from your previous response when I do that if I find any issues.

Aside from you solving my current issue, for the future, is there any resource or searching of resource that I should have used to streamline finding something similar to your proposed solution?  Maybe that's something I need to learn as a user of the system.

hi @Tonton the sim re-provision usually is quick

when you put the sim back after , if it still does not work well, try also Reset All Networks

Tonton

Hey @softech ,

I have another phone I can toss the card into.  I have a Pixel 7 that it's currently in now.  How long would a SIM provisioning take?  Or, what length of time would you propose to leave it in the other phone?  I'm open to any length of time.

I'll try your solution in about 30 mins or so.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tonton 

what phone do you have? brand and model?

can you try your sim card in another phone?  this will force a sim provisioning and could resolve the issue when the sim card is put back into the original phone later

Need Help? Let's chat.