cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In US purchased add on not being honoured

Glynwill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On September 9 I purchased for my phone and my partner’s phone 10 day US talk text and data 20 add on .

NOTHING Is working

(My account acknowledges my payment)

Advise appreciated

15 REPLIES 15

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Glynwill wrote:

Thanks for the enlightenment 

Thank Goodness I will be home tomorrow night!

Cheers

@Glynwill safe travels.  Let us know what carrier you end up switching to.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Glynwill

Thanks for the enlightenment 

Thank Goodness I will be home tomorrow night!

Cheers

srlawren

@Glynwill wrote:

On both carriers if I attempt a Text message Public Mobile actually responds saying that my current plan does not allow messaging

@Glynwill sounds like you're the victim of a gltich of some kind.  People are asking about the purchase because it's a very common issue people think they've purchased it but all they've done is the first step to top up their balance.  It sounds like you've done everything right.  The message back from Public Mobile indicates their system isn't recognizing the add-ons correctly, which sounds like a glitch.  It's rare but it happens.  Unfortunately the moderator team is still extremely backlogged, which is why you're not hearing back yet.  Unfortunately I don't think there's much else you can do at this point.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Glynwill

Of course

Glynwill

I n Any Event on my return home Public Mobile will be losing two customers 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok. You haven't explicetly said, but is roaming turned on?

Glynwill

On both carriers if I attempt a Text message Public Mobile actually responds saying that my current plan does not allow messaging

Glynwill

AT&T and TMobile

Have you tried manually selecting one of the partner carriers?  I've not used the addons myself, so I'm not sure which US partners they are.

Glynwill

After crediting my account with $20 and then ordering the add on costing $20, naturally my account balance is now $0

Cheers

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How much available funds does it show in your account now? - Listed at the top of the main overview page

Glynwill

Aware of all that 

Many thanks anyway

Glynwill

Yes of course I did the two step process and the payment is listed in my “payment history”

I have tried troubleshooting by messaging the moderators but had no response 

Cheers

Ensure your roaming is activated in self-serve as mentioned above, it's two steps.  First to add the funds, then the same thing again to add the addon.

Also, make sure your phones are both enabled to allow roaming, as you're outside of Canada.  If they're not enabled, it will not work.

mimmo

@Glynwill@Did you do the two step process?  Do you have available funds? Is yes then purchase the add-on. It will take it from available funds not your credit card

If the add-on show in self-serve then you need to troubleshoot. Ie are you on correct cell  partner 

This is a good read https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Need Help? Let's chat.