cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel plan - i was offered a better deal with previous provider

echoyangca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have setup my plan to transfer to Public Mobile from a Rogers reseller, but when I went to remove the port block, they gave me a better offer than what Public Mobile is offering and I decided to stay with them. 

However Public Mobile is not allowing me to cancel my first payment and it is impossible to cancel online and impossible to reach anyone. 

I was recommended PM by a friend who has joined, this is not good. I would appreciate that my account is cancelled and my first payment refunded.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

>   then won't tell you about the prepaid unrefundability

@PublicMob3 PM never hide thr fact that that are prepaid.  Sometimes,  it is the customer not understanding the product,  join because of the price.  When something not eork out, they blame the business

PublicMob3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I learned this the hard way. Forces you to buy a SIM to even see the promo (PM knew full well what they're doing), and then won't tell you about the prepaid unrefundability. 
Leaves a bad taste.

echoyangca

that was done already. this is poor business practice. caveat emptor i guess...

@echoyangca wrote:

i have asked them to cancel the charge on their CC. this is the first time I come across a provider that is doing this. but yeah not comfortable...

I highly suggest against filing a chargeback in this situation.  Unfortuantely, if you tell the credit card company that you changed your mind and want a refund for services purchases, the chargeback will likely fail.  Public Mobile has no obligation to provide a refund a charge that was fully authorized.  As you haven't authorized the phone number transfer to Public Mobile, the service at Public Mobile will continue to work for the 30 day.  After disabling pre-authorized payments on the Public Mobile account, the account will automatically be closed  after 90 days of inactive service

@echoyangca this is not Pm's fault.  PM is a prepaid provider as like other Tier 3.  This is normal practice. 

Next time, understand the business first and not just jump nfor the price

@echoyangca 

you're on a prepaid provider. that's standard practice. this isn't post paid. my suggestion to you is the next time you see an offer and you're thinking of switching. just message Rogers customer support and they will give you the better deal before porting out and making a big hassle for yourself. as for your refund they may or may not give it back to you

echoyangca

i have asked them to cancel the charge on their CC. this is the first time I come across a provider that is doing this. but yeah not comfortable...

echoyangca

thanks for clarifying, appreciate it.

echoyangca

that is also not what I am asking. they are already with the rogers reseller but they made a counter offer. I think this conversation can end with PM losing two subscribers if you like it that way.

@echoyangca 

We are regular customers like you and are not staff.

We are just giving you the facts and not hostile at all.

You can try to get a refund by contacting a CS_Agent and ask for a refund but as all of us indicated. It is slim to none.

Contact them and see what happens. Worth a try but good luck.

echoyangca

yeah, i don't care about that. what is not norml is that you cannot cancel a plan and get a refund. the noises I am hearing here are not friendly and indicate a hostile environment.

echoyangca

'normal' no it isn't

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@echoyangca 

PM is a prepaid plan so there is is zero chance for refund offered by PM.

Second, you need the PM account to be Active to port your number over to Rogers.

Once you port over to Rogers, your account will automatically be cancelled.

Your friend will not get their $1/1point monthly credit and you will loss your $10 credit on your 2nd bill for using their Referral Code.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @echoyangca   this is normal, PM is a prepaid provider.  You are paying for the service for next 30 days and hence there is no refund

To assure PM won't continue charging you, login to My Account, and go to Payment and disable Pre-Authorized payment.  

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is a process you must follow to cancel.

It is not that Public is "not allowing" you to cancel.  Search how to cancel in the search bar of someone will probably give you the details on how to cancel properly.

Good luck!

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I don’t think you will get the refund that you are looking for. 

Need Help? Let's chat.