cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage and Facetime phone number verifying.

Andy838
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long does it usually take for my phone number to verify on imessage and facetime? It's been a couple hours and it still says "Verifying..." for both Imessage and facetime. I've tried several methods of restarting my phone, turning imessage and facetime off, resetting my network settings, etc.

6 REPLIES 6

ericcheung_yc

I had the same issue, but everything fixed itself after waiting for a day. Be patient with it. 

JacobOnThePool

Andy

I had the same issue on my iPhone 13 with an eSIM. . My texts were not sending but my iMessages were. I asked the support team to refresh my service and afterwards my new number got verified. Send a ticket and ask your account to be refreshed. Should fix the problem. 

Andy838

No when I send a text message it says "Not delivered".  I will send a ticket and hopefully they have a solution.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Andy838 

Public Mobile has been having issues with SMS and iMessages/FaceTime for well over a month now. The only way to fix this is to contact them by creating a ticket.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1715970286957.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Andy838   Can you check if your SMS text messages are working because there has recently been a problem with texting and this may impact Facetime and IMessage.  If that's the problem you need to contact customer service by submitting a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page as they have a fix.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Andy838 

can you receive regular sms instead of iMessage code?

and can you receive incoming calls?

PM system has problem with sms with new activations, supposed to have fixed it but not sure if it is same issue in your case.  If you cannot receive sms , it will not validate your iMessage/FT.  Please ask support to check

Please submit a ticket with CS Agent by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.