cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images and Calls

JanLu9999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2 things:

I cannot send or receive images even though my plan includes them. I use an iPhone 7 plus and MMS messages are on. 

Apart from that, I can only receive messages from other Public Mobile users like my son. He has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bought in China, yet he is still able to send and receive images and calls from any provider. 

Is there a solution?

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JanLu9999 

You have an iPhone....have you checked for any software updates? After that you have to connect your phone to iTunes and update your carrier profile. That will fix your mobile data and allow you to send and recieve MMS and iMessage ( when not on wifi)....ensure in your settings you have also toggled SMS/MMS on so you are not using mobile data to send messages when you don't need to...

Edit:

This thread explains the whole iPhone APN thingy...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M162906

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JanLu9999 

When sending/receiving picture messages, you can utilize either MMS or RCS services.   

• MMS requires BOTH data and MMS to be toggled on.
  • RCS (iMessage or Android 'chat') requires an internet connection (either data or wi-fi) and the RCS service to be on.

What your explaining very likely has to do with device settings on each device, and not likely Public Mobile's services.

This is a good learning article on RCS services:

What Is RCS Messaging, and Exactly How Does It Work? | Digital Trends

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JanLu9999 wrote:

2 things:

I cannot send or receive images even though my plan includes them. I use an iPhone 7 plus and MMS messages are on. 

Ensure you have your Data option on in the settings of your phone. MMS requires the use of your data, but will not use up your data allowance.

Apart from that, I can only receive messages from other Public Mobile users like my son. He has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bought in China, yet he is still able to send and receive images and calls from any provider. 

Have you tried to restart your phone lately?

Perhaps perform a reset of your network settings.

If you turn your data off occasionally, then it is recommended to turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead.

To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

Is there a solution?

@JanLu9999  see above

JL9
Mayor / Maire

This may be tied into the issues you were having with your sim/porting your number over. Did you resolve those things yet? 

Need Help? Let's chat.