cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I travel abroad, will texts, missed calls, voicemails be waiting for me when I return to Canada?

NormPeterson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I have ever been out of cell service range, missed calls, voice mails, and texts pop up when I get back into a service area.

So if I am traveling over seas, I know that I won't be able to use my PM sim (I'll get a local one) will I get notifications when I return to Canada of what I missed? If so, is there an expiry for these notifications?

Example: Arrive England May 1, someone texts my PM number May 3, get a call May 12, arrive back in Canada May 22. Will I then see this text and missed call when I'm back home? I know there are work-rounds to forward texts, and using whatsapp, and leaving my sim in a spare phone at home, etc. But I'm just curious, is all.

6 REPLIES 6

NormPeterson

Perfect, thanks!

With active service, voicemails can be received and would stay available for 10 days. SMS texts are held on the system for 5 days. When you return you would get the last 5 days of SMS texts.

You can check your voicemail from any phone anywhere. The only option with SMS more than those 5 days is the forwarding idea.

NormPeterson

@Meow wrote:

SMS should be on your phone for a long period of time; I still have some from 2021

What I mean, is if I haven't retrieved a message yet, does it eventually expire after a certain amount of time. Let's say I was gone for 3 months. When I come back to Canada, would I get 3 months worth of texts, or would PM maybe only keep the most recent week or two worth.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Voicemail has a limit of I believe 10 messages. They would eventually expire.

Numbers of Missed calls and SMS you can see in your usage history.

SMS should be on your phone for a long period of time; I still have some from 2021

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@NormPeterson 

in the past...it would only keep 10 voice messages, 5 minutes each and delete them after 10 days.

Not sure if that's still the case

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

These will eventually 'expire', however I'm unsure the exact time-frame.

You 'could' leave your PM SIM card in a device back in Canada just so someone here could retrieve and advise you when abroad of any missed texts/calls.  (oops - you said that, i like that idea  😊)

Need Help? Let's chat.