cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I downgrade from $25/m plan to $19/m plan will I lose all my bonus data/minutes?

BabakRR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently on $25/m 1GB 3G data, unlimited talk and want to downgrade to use up my data/minutes but can't switch to $15/m plan as it seems to be only for new customers now?

Have 8GB of data and 1900 of minutes (Canada & Intl) in bonuses

If I switch to the $19/m plan 1Gb 4G data, unlimited talk will I lose all my bonus data and minutes?

On the "Change Subscriptions" page it shows this disclaimer at the bottom right:

• The change will take effect immediately. Please note that we cannot offer a refund or credit for any unused portion of the subscription, and your current promotions will no longer be valid.
  • Additionally, data add-ons associated with your current subscription may become incompatible if you change your subscription.

Also, should I make the switch mid-cycle or should I wait till June 15th when my cycle ends?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

BabakRR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @Chalupa_Batman just to clarify however, I wish the $15/m plan was available to me but the lowest plan I can select from is the $19/m 1GB 4G speed unlimited minutes, etc.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@BabakRR  Also, should I make the switch mid-cycle or should I wait till June 15th when my cycle ends?

When you go to select the plan you will have a choice of change on renewal or change now.  Change on renewal takes effect on the renewal date but you don't have to wait until then to select it.  In fact it's a good idea not to wait because it might be gone by then.  Selecting it to change on renewal will be honoured even if the plan has ended by then, and if you see something better in the meantime you can still change your mind.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @BabakRR possible

I think plans less than $20 are supposed to get 5GB bonus and the one you got with $25 plan is more (8gb)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@BabakRR wrote:

Currently on $25/m 1GB 3G data, unlimited talk and want to downgrade to use up my data/minutes but can't switch to $15/m plan as it seems to be only for new customers now?

Have 8GB of data and 1900 of minutes (Canada & Intl) in bonuses

If I switch to the $19/m plan 1Gb 4G data, unlimited talk will I lose all my bonus data and minutes?

On the "Change Subscriptions" page it shows this disclaimer at the bottom right:

• The change will take effect immediately. Please note that we cannot offer a refund or credit for any unused portion of the subscription, and your current promotions will no longer be valid.
  • Additionally, data add-ons associated with your current subscription may become incompatible if you change your subscription.

Also, should I make the switch mid-cycle or should I wait till June 15th when my cycle ends?

Thank you

Hey @BabakRR 

You are in the same boat as me. I have 8GB of data from More The Merrier gifts from years past I never used. Plus I have about 1900 International minutes plus a 500 minute addon I never used. I went from the $34 Can/US plan down to the same plan you want, $15. I kept all my MTM data and INT minutes.

You will not lose ANY of it!! You WILL however, lose any loyalty data if you got any if you lower your plan. But I'm thinking you may have used that up already? 

In closing, do NOT pick change now. Choose at renewal date so you don't lose anything you've paid for already. Hope this helps.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will only lose loyalty data bonus. Everything else stays on your account

Need Help? Let's chat.