cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI instead of ACC #

kybanks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i was setting up a new plan and i entered my IMEI instead of the current account number. Is there any way to change that? So i don’t have to cancel the subscription.

4 REPLIES 4

@will13am wrote:

@kybanks , did the number transfer fail?  If it did not, don't worry about it.  

@kybanks  

There wouldn't be any reason to cancel your subscription.  Even failed number ports can be fixed, but at this point,  there's no reason to contact the porting team or to open a ticket.  Taking these steps is just creating more work for yourself.  While account number is much better to use, IMEI does work just fine. It's just that there can be more issues with IMEI.  How long ago did you request the number porting?  If the request was just submitted, ensure that you're still using your old carrier's SIM card as that old carrier will send a text message that you will need to reply to approve the phone number transfer.  Once the old carrier has sent that text message, you will have 90 minutes to respond.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kybanks , did the number transfer fail?  If it did not, don't worry about it.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kybanks 

yes,  It is better to use account number of your old provider instead. 

There is a number to call to talk to live support and you can update them with the account number.  They can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @kybanks 

Please create a ticket and customer service will reach out and fix this.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1717978712748.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

Need Help? Let's chat.