cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to switch to new 30 day plan. How does it work?

mandarst_2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

Currently, I am having pre-paid $33 canada wide talk and text. I am using this since Oct 2014. I came across with new plan $30 - 30 days. How does this plan works?

Can someone let me know if this new plan will have Call forwarding and call waiting? On the page it just mentioned voicemail and call display. 

In my current plan, there is picture messaging facility but I can not send or download picture messages.

In new plan there is 500 MB Data at 3G speed will this work on my phone?

Even after turning on Mobile data on my phone it does not turn on. Do I have to get authorization from Public Mobile to get started? Please help me out.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

frenchonion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@LEGO wrote:

@frenchonion People who switched from grandfathered plans to a new “rewards eligible” plans will receive Loyalty reward for past years that they have stayed with Public Mobile.

Thanks @LEGO, I misread that! So that's just the normal reward for being with Public Mobile for more than 1 year.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frenchonion People who switched from grandfathered plans to a new “rewards eligible” plans will receive Loyalty reward for past years that they have stayed with Public Mobile.

frenchonion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Someone_here wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

It is worth looking at new plans! Save $3, gain 500 mb of data, win-win situation (well, for yourself at least!).

Basically the only changes for you will be:

- Cheaper

- Data

- No access to call center

As .other said, texting images should work with both plans...

@Someone_here just thought I'd point out that the base plan is $3 cheaper yes, but it's also eligible for rewards where the legacy plans were not.  That means that @mandarst_2003 will also get $2 autopay discount (if they set up autopay) as well as $3 per 30 days of loyalty rewards as well (which will go up to $4 / 30 days in Oct 2018, and then cap out at $5/30 days in Oct 2019 and beyond), making the price cost $26 + tax, which is actually $7 cheaper than the legacy plan they are on today.

Totally forgot to mention that, thanks! 🙂

FYI $4 monthly loyalty reward is already happening for some, the first possible month is actually now I think.

@Someone_here or anyone else: What does that mean, that $4 monthly loyalty reward is already happening? Is this a new reward?

@srlawren wrote:
... making the price cost $26 + tax, which is actually $7 cheaper than the legacy plan they are on today.

I guess you meant $25 + tax?

30 - 2 auto-pay - 3 loyalty (probably 4 in fact) = 25 😉

@srlawren wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

It is worth looking at new plans! Save $3, gain 500 mb of data, win-win situation (well, for yourself at least!).

- Cheaper

- Data

@Someone_here just thought I'd point out that the base plan is $3 cheaper yes, but it's also eligible for rewards where the legacy plans were not.  That means that @mandarst_2003 will also get $2 autopay discount (if they set up autopay) as well as $3 per 30 days of loyalty rewards as well (which will go up to $4 / 30 days in Oct 2018, and then cap out at $5/30 days in Oct 2019 and beyond), making the price cost $26 + tax, which is actually $7 cheaper than the legacy plan they are on today.

Totally forgot to mention that, thanks! 🙂

FYI $4 monthly loyalty reward is already happening for some, the first possible month is actually now I think.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:

- Cheaper

- Data

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

- Cheaper

- Data

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@mandarst_2003: as you are a call centre user currently, you should call the call centre, as they will want you to understand you will be losing voice support calls, and will only have online community access to support.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mandarst_2003 To be able to send MMS (picture messages), you would need to setup APN network and see if it resolves your problem.

Please, read this: click here

Please, create a new Public Mobile APN, don’t edit an existing one, reboot after.
In order to send and receive MMS, your Data has to be enabled. Don’t be afraid, you are not going to be charged for Data used in process, it is included in your plan

All new Talk plans come with all of these features: Voicemail and Call Display, call waiting, call forwarding, and 3-way conference calling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mandarst_2003, Which $30 / 30 day plan are you looking at?  Is it the Canada wide calling, texting, with 500MB 3G data?

For call forwarding, I believe it is included.  Call waiting is also included.

Picture messaging is included.  However, your phone MUST be compatible with the Public Mobile data network.  Picture messages do not use your data.  What model phone do you have (be as exact as possible)?

Also, If you switch plans, you will loses access to the call center (for support).  With the new plans, all support is done through this community and private messaging with the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.