cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to make calls out but unable to receive any calls in! HELP!

ChrisM7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just recently ported my number over from Bell and everything went well, I could call people from my public mobile sim but i cannot receive any calls. It goes straight to voicemail for people calling me.

Help!

20 REPLIES 20

pssst

It finally worked! I had to fully turn off and turn on my phone a couple of times.

Did you check your APN settings? You will need it for your data.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Stormy hang in there a bit longer.  Ports seem to be taking a bit longer at the moment on average, I suspect due to the volume of them going through the system due to this promo plan.  If you still have no luck in another hour or so, I would recommend you send @Shazia_K a private message asking her to check the port.  Please include your SIM card number, the phone number you're porting in, your account number from your previous carrier, and your name exactly as it appears on your statements from them, and she should be able to re-request the port on your behalf, to hopefully better success.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Not yet. Patiently waiting for it.

srlawren

@Stormy did you receive a text that the port has completed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Stormy

Having the same issue. Did my activation and port (from Wind) just over an hour ago. Have already done the restart/pull SIM and still no go. Going to give it another hour or two to see if it finally completes.

srlawren

@ChrisM7 try giving it a bit longer.  You should receive a text once the porting is done.  At that point, reboot your phone, and you should be able to get your inbound calls and texts.  You could optionally give the phone a reboot now and try anyway--it won't hurt.  If it still isn't working now, then wait a bit longer for the text.

ChrisM7

So the pm moderator fixed my port and said that my number will be ported over in 30-2 hours again.

Its been two hours and i havent had success yet.

Any luck for yourself? @pssst

srlawren

@ChrisM7 right now they are literally swamped with requests due to the popularity of the current promo plan.  Please try to be patient, and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

ChrisM7

How long does it usually take for a moderator to reply back to you?

pssst

I hope your issue gets fixed soon 🙂

ChrisM7

I guess you should do the same thing like me, private message the moderator/pm people to get it fixed.

Im still waiting for them to reply back to me

pssst
I'm having similar issue

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@ChrisM7 I ported my number yesterday and had no issues. When my number was ported, PM sent me a short message saying my number had successfully ported. Pretty sure something might have gone wrong with your porting process. Hopefully mods help!

ChrisM7

I just private messaged them.

Hopefully all of this can be resolved quickly.

Thanks.

@ChrisM7 Send them the information below by private message; address @Shazia_K. Don’t worry if she is available as your message will be forwarded to someone on duty.

If unfamiliar with private messaging, check here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you check in from time to time when they are online; Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

Your Bell service should be available until the port-in finishes.

Include whatever bits of the following info you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Include this additional info if your port-in has stalled more than 3 hours:

• old carrier account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • old carrier phone number
  • the name, exactly as shown on your bill
  • an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

Please excuse this “boilerplate” approach. There is so much interest in this promo that even the small percentage of customers with problems is substantial.

You can be confident it’s worth the wait for PM to resolve your problem. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hopetindall

yep..... looks like something may have gone wrong.  Mods you've tagged will help!

ChrisM7

Havent received a sms from pm yet. Its been over 2.5 hours. 

Also in the beginning when i ported my number over i got this message dont know if you got it as well

Public Mobile here: To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please go to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider. Thanks.

Help!

@Shazia_K

@Saray_O

@Mary_M

@Caroline_D

hopetindall

@ChrisM7 wrote:

Yes it is, i guess ill just have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks!

I could make outgoing calls immediately (since this is under PM control) - but it took 30 minutes (some people report up to 2 hours) for me to be able to receive calls.  I received a text message when the process was complete.

ChrisM7

Yes it is, i guess ill just have to wait a bit longer.

Thanks!

hopetindall

@ChrisM7 wrote:

I just recently ported my number over from Bell and everything went well, I could call people from my public mobile sim but i cannot receive any calls. It goes straight to voicemail for people calling me.

Help!

Is it going to the Bell voicemail?

If so - this is normal for a while immediately following the request. Once the port completes then incoming calls will flow to your PM phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.