cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged extra and I don't know why

lmscanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, I was charged $46.20 on Nov. 11th. This is outside my normal regular payment of $30.24 on the 26th every month. I checked and I do not have any extra money sitting in my public mobile account. I did not sign up for any new features (heck I haven't logged on here in awhile at all) and didn't top anything up.

I looked at my payment history, and the $46.20 charge does not show up anywhere on it. This is so strange! Chatbot was no help. Open to ideas and how to sort this one out. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@lmscanada but is the $30.24 charge occurring monthly on the same date? or different date?  PM charges should not occur on the same date each month

Also, the $46.20 is a charge from a different province than your $30.24 charge.  Either someone you know took your card and activate a line on a different province, or your card was compromised.

No need to guess further, just open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@lmscanada wrote:

An update: now for my monthly bill on Nov 24th I was charged $39.20! I don't know why. I haven't changed anything. My payment history has not changed to reflect and increased balance, right on my home screen in my account it says my next monthly bill will still come to $30.24. 

You were charged $35+12%. If you have credit (loyalty, etc.) that should be deducted before taxes are applied.

What your latest transaction history shows? Does it show 35 as base and then credits applied?

If not, bring that to agent's attention and request credit to be put on your account so it will be used on next renewal.

You're welcome,  @lmscanada 

🙂

lmscanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@HALIMACS @softech @BKNS27 @Yummy  thanks for the reply. 

1) My billing cycle is around the 26th of the month I should have said, yes it is every 30 days with public mobile. 

2) I rechecked all the text messages about the $40 upgrade plan offer, I did not reply or respond to any of them. When I check my account I am still on the $35 amount. 

3) My monthly bill is $30.24 because of loyalty, referral, and auto-pay discounts, which brings it down to $27 + 5%gst + 7% pst = 30.24

An update: now for my monthly bill on Nov 24th I was charged $39.20! I don't know why. I haven't changed anything. My payment history has not changed to reflect and increased balance, right on my home screen in my account it says my next monthly bill will still come to $30.24. 

It's making me very uncomfortable having this past increased charge with no reason given, and the extra $46.20 that I'm yet to figure out what it is for. Suggestions welcome if I've missed anything else obvious though I'm going to submit a ticket, thanks @HALIMACS for the instructions on how.

@lmscanada   and are you in one of the northern terroritories or Alberta?

$46.20 is $44 + 5% tax, which make sense as a PM charge

But $30.24 is $28.80 + 5% tax, which does not look like a PM charge.  Only couple plans PM has do not end of full dollar, but certainly not 80 cents

I strongly suspect that $30.24 is not a PM charge based on the amount and the fact that it charged on every 26th of the month , not every 30 days

Again, check your Credit card to see what descriptions showing for that recurring charge

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You cannot be charged Every 26th of the month as PM billing cycle is 30 days so payment day floats from month to month.

Did you accept any offers from PM? Typed Yes accidentally on SMS from PM? Are you sure it is $46.20 and not $45.20?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lmscanada 

Call your CC company to confirm whether you were charged. It maybe a glitch.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@lmscanada what is showing on your credit card about the  $30.24 every 26th??

Pm is on 30 days cycle and their payment date will shift.  They wont charge on the same day of every month

Let is know owhay is showing on yhe credit card for that charge

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well this is not good, @lmscanada 

By any chance, did you respond "YES" to any texts from Public Mobile offering to switch you to a higher priced 4g plan in recent weeks?

There has been a campaign afloat which seems to have caught some by surprise.

I would contact the Customer Support Agents, @lmscanada , and let them know to switch you back if you didn't want a potentially higher plan.  Check your self-serve under Plan and Add-ons to see what plan you're on to confirm.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.