cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to transfer my number

mitchel00221
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to move my number to a different carrier, I haven't received the text message to do so yet

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mitchel00221 

with porting out, you can also submit ticket with agent on PM side and confirm if they ever receive the porting out request

please submit ticket here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mitchel00221
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I submitted my information yeah, I was told I would receive a text from public mobile I would need to reply YES to, I never received it

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mitchel00221 

the most important thing to remember is to keep the old provider service active, their Sim card in your device, then when you receive the port authorization request, you must reply yes within 90 minutes

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mitchel00221 

Did you start the porting process with the other carrier?

With porting out it’s the other carrier that needs to start that process. You need to provide them with the account number from PM along with the number you are wanting to port. If you’ve already done this, reach out to the support team for the other carrier and make sure that they’ve started the porting process. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Are you transferring to or from Public Mobile?

If you're transferring TO Public Mobile and the text to your other carrier didn't come through, I'll send you the porting number to get help.

If you're porting FROM Public Mobile TO another carrier, it's up to the other carrier to do it.

Need Help? Let's chat.