cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to join Public Mobile, but it is no use. Rogers won't let go of me.

Public1978
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Registered and made payment with a Public Mobile sim card yesterday, and I was charged immediately on my card. Today I found out that Rogers took back my number, therefore Public M had to put a new number on the sim card I had. So I started the whole process again, and Public charged me, again today. But Rogers would not let go of my number. So we tried again and registered again and Public M took more money from my card again, yet a few hours later, Rogers took my number again. So this has cost me over 100$ and I am fed up. The money was indeed taken off my credit card and that is all I have had from the Public Mobile experience... If you people had a phone service it would have been easy to explain this to someone, but no. You take money easily but do not solve problems in the same manner...

10 REPLIES 10

@Public1978 

When you got the text from Rogers, did you reply within 90 minutes?

There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or the porting process will not proceed.

From what I can tell, Rogers will not release your number because maybe you didn’t reply to the text within the 90 minutes.
If the charges are not in Pending, I would recommend you contact the CS_Agent for a refund or leave the amount as credit to pay for 2 months bill in advance.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS CARRIER UNLOCKED 

TAKE A NUMBER FROM PM

THEN PORT YOUR NUMBER FROM ROGERS

LEAVE YOUR ROGERS SIM IN, IN A WORKING PHONE

WAIT AND RESPOND TO THE PORT OUT TEXT FROM ROGERS

THAT IS.....IF YOU HAVE A PAID UP ACCOUNT WITH ROGERS AND YOU ARE NOT ON A CONTRACT 

Gosh @Public1978 , porting takes a bit of time.

It is almost universally an easy, straight-forward process with no glitches.

After replying "YES" to the port authorization request, one simply puts their new provider SIM card in, reboot device, and services start to function.   Incoming calling is usually the last of the services to work.   But all in all, it's all done within about 1/2 hour.

If you logged in and changed the plan repeatedly (on an immediate basis), you've essentially purchased new plans every time you've done that.  

Contact the Customer Support Agents, let them know, they'll very likely see the record of purchases and credit back the excess ones.  They may (however) place the excess funds in your available funds vs crediting back your credit card.   That's fine and the funds can simply be used as 'pre-payment' for future renewals or any add-ons you may wish to add later.

First though GET YOUR SERVICES ported correctly.  Definitely call that porting number that @softech has private messaged you, and go from there.

Good luck!!!

@Public1978   it could be just the porting not completed.

There is a team you can call for porting status.  Call and talk to live support and they can confirm if porting was done or stuck.   I will message you the number , please check your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right.  (but it might be a bit late tonight, you might have to call tomorrow morning)

Public1978

Yesterday after initiating Public sim and account payment, I got the text and replied Yes to it, and 1 also for confirmation, but today I found out that my number was not transferred to my phone.  This is such a headache..... I deeply regret.

Public1978

I tried to port it and while waiting for Rogers to send me a text message, they changed my number and I did not get the sms for proper porting. I started this 3 times. Nothing worked. I called Rogers and they asked me to try again, and the same thing happened. I tried to change my plan and every time I made changes, I was charged... 39.55$ - 28.25 - 28.25........ Am I aloud to say that I am fed up..... Try this try that, and my email is cluttered with so many advices......

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Public1978   What is the reason Rogers won't let go the account?  Did you ever go the text and did you reply YES ever?

I doubt the old provider can take back the number after releasing the number in the beginning.  I have a feeing the porting was never completed in the beginning.  Either you never reply YES to a Roger's request for your authorization to release the number or Rogers never send you the text.    

But if you think Rogers really have the power to take back the number after releasing it to PM , you need to check with Rogers first and see why or what was not done correctly in the process.   If it was true that Rogers not releasing the number or take the number back, it is really not a problem on PM side

So, you now have 2 different PM SIMs?  both of them if you put in a phone and they both can make outgoing calls?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Public1978 

Did you keep activating the same sim card? Or new sim cards? All you needed to do was reinitiate your port request either by calling the telus porting department or contacting customer support. You then put your Rogers sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. Put your pm sim card back in your phone and your port will complete in a few minutes to a maximum 2 hours. Once your Rogers sim stops working and your account closed your port is complete. Do you  currently have service on your pm sim card?

Best to contact customer support so they can either refund the extra plan charges or credit your account which is a much faster resolution. You can then get them to reinitiate your port request at the same time from rogers. You need your full name on your rogers account, the account # and the rogers phone number to be ported to pm.

Put "failed port and triple plan charge refund" in the subject line and send a detailed message to customer support and they will reply to you first thing in the morning. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour of opening hour.....6 am eastern tomorrow.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Public1978 You shouldn't have tried activating again and again. It is clearly something related to porting in your number. In this case, you could've tried porting in again from your self-serve account. Since this got very complicated and costed you a lot of money, please reach out to PM CS_Agent and explain what happened in details. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Public1978  - i have no idea why you would be getting charged again. I would inquire with CSA about this....I am thinking, though, you may be seeing PENDING charges, not Authorized. So when the activation charges are authorized, only one should remain.

The failed Rogers port may have happened if this was a cell number that you did not approve the SMS porting text from the Roger SIM first. 

If this happened and you missed the text, contact CSA ( you can also ask them about the multiple charges...if they are true /authorized ones).

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

EDIT, was your Rogers account active? It needs to be active to port over to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.