cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile charged me on an unactivated sim

kazi1971
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On March 3rd,  I was trying to activate a sim card from the dealer shop, but that did not get through. The SIM was not activated but Public Mobile charged me the amount on my debit card. I want the money to be reimbursed on my card. I don't know why they charged the amount!

What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6

@kazi1971 wrote:

I do not have that SIM card, the dealer gave me a different SIM card which I have activated on March 7th. Now I am confused about that account which I do not know about. Will public mobile charge me again for that account ? What should I do now? Why should I pay for  a SIM that I am not using? Please help me.

@kazi1971  - you should not be paying for two accounts if you only have one account.

Only Customer Support Agents can remedy your situation. Please contact them and explain what happened.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kazi1971 

Well this isn't your fault its the dealers fault for not doing his job and earning his commission from pm for doing an in store activation where the dealer should have some basic knowledge about troubleshooting an activation that doesn't go to plan ( no pun intended.)

If you used the same email when you activated on March 7th as you did at the dealer on March 3rd then that earlier activated account will have the same account details as your current one but you cannot access it from the customer side because your current account and it's login details hide the first one and as an in store activation you would have had to finish the self serve set up by getting a verification code from pm and finish adding your security details to the account.

Don't worry though customer support is very understanding and accommodating and will get this sorted out for you. You can ask for a refund for the plan amount of the first activation but this can take up to 30 days to be processed so it easier to just ask for a credit to your current account and it will be used for your next renewal.

Put "mistaken double activation" in the subject line and give a detailed explanation of what occurred at the retail location with the dealer. Include a copy of your payment card statement showing the two plan amount charges. The CSA will cancel the original "ghost" account that was created and either issue a credit or a refund depending on your preference.

I would also ask the CSA to report the dealer so that pm can follow up with them and perhaps refer them to the community to get some free training from the community. They need it.....? 

@J_PM 

Pm needs to follow up on these kind of activations so it turns into a teaching moment for the dealer so they don't continue to offer subpar activations and earn commissions on shoddy customer service. Either that or community members should start getting a cut of their commissions for cleaning up their mess!🤔

Or maybe the OP should get a cut of the commission for activating on her own.....or a nice little bonus in her account?😁

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

kazi1971
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not have that SIM card, the dealer gave me a different SIM card which I have activated on March 7th. Now I am confused about that account which I do not know about. Will public mobile charge me again for that account ? What should I do now? Why should I pay for  a SIM that I am not using? Please help me.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Well, @kazi1971 , personally I'd be heading straight back to the dealer shop and have them remedy the matter, or at least work with you toward that end.

I do hope this was done at a reputable dealer, and not some fly-by-night operator.  They'd need to activate a NEW SIM card, not a previously used one.   

Did they get to the point of assigning a phone number, or were you intending to port (move) from another provider?

Did you try inserting the SIM card into a compatible device and seeing if it might, indeed, function by looking for the Public Mobile network on the top of the device?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kazi1971 

At the time that the "attempted" activation went thru did both you and the dealer give up and you walked out without a sim card or any activation details? Unfortunately you did activate an account but the sim card did not provision to your account. Making it look like nothing happened but had you checked your payment card at the time the dealer should have at least realized what had occurred and either tried to reach out to pm on your behalf or immediately referred you to the community to contact customer support to provision your sim card.

Or do you have in your hand the original sim card that you and the dealer thought was not activated?

Your answer will make a difference in my advice but either way we will get you sorted out.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kazi1971 

After SIM activation at the retailer, did you activate your PM account?

If you are porting your old number to PM, did you reply to the text with YES with the old SIM in the phone? 
You need to reply within a 90 minute window. If you missed this window, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging or Chat on this page.

You can check under View Payment History.

Remember, the plan does not include the PST or GST…the government want their share too!

Need Help? Let's chat.