cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid but service doesn't work

Wafelinho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys!

This is the thing. My plan was expired for two days. I paid today but it still showed as expired, nothing on my phone related to the service was working. I googled the issue and found that reporting the phone as lost/stolen and then resuming the plan does the trick. So I did that and noticed that my data started working, but I can't call anyone. It tells me that I don't have a long distance add-on when I try calling any number, even my wife's that was sitting next to me. When she tries calling me, there's no signal, as if my phone is turned off. I googled this issue and found that some people had it before but I couldn't see any solution. I thought maybe I should report it as lost again and then see if it works. Nope, this time it won't even let me access that part in My Account. 

Would anyone give me some ideas? Thank you for help. 

7 REPLIES 7

Wafelinho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Wafelinho wrote:

Hi guys!

This is the thing. My plan was expired for two days. I paid today but it still showed as expired, nothing on my phone related to the service was working. I googled the issue and found that reporting the phone as lost/stolen and then resuming the plan does the trick. So I did that and noticed that my data started working, but I can't call anyone. It tells me that I don't have a long distance add-on when I try calling any number, even my wife's that was sitting next to me. When she tries calling me, there's no signal, as if my phone is turned off. I googled this issue and found that some people had it before but I couldn't see any solution. I thought maybe I should report it as lost again and then see if it works. Nope, this time it won't even let me access that part in My Account. 

#1 - Try adding $1 to your account.

#2 - Remove and reinstall sim card.
Let us know if any of these suggestions do the trick. Good luck.

I tried everything that you guys mentioned, before adding $1 at the end. Doing that did the trick, the service works now. Thank you so much!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Wafelinho Check to make sure your phone is not in Do not Disturb or Airplane mode. If it's not, turn on Airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, turn it off, and restart your phone.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Wafelinho wrote:

Hi guys!

Just to add one other thing to what others have already said here, after the lost/stolen procedure did you reboot the phone?  That needs to be done to complete resetting the account.  Otherwise you'll need to contact the moderators for help.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Recently reports of problems with Nokia phones after renewal...is your phone a Nokia ?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Wafelinho wrote:

Hi guys!

#1 - Try adding $1 to your account.

#2 - Remove and reinstall sim card.
Let us know if any of these suggestions do the trick. Good luck.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

If you paid with vouchers it’s a two-step process you have to buy them first  and put them into your account  and then actually go into make a payment 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you tried some of those tricks and didn't get results, then contacting a Moderator to look further into the issue never hurts. To send them a message use the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.