cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ordered 2 SIM Cards and none works in my phones...

PhilLemay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ordered 2 SIM cards, one for my wife and 1 for my son.  Upon reception of the first one, I tried it in my son's phone and after activate, tried it.  Nope.  It continue saying Emergency calls only.  I then tried the card in my phone, no luck either (my phone already works with a PM SIM card, btw).

Upon reception of the 2nd SIM card, I changed the SIM card in my son's account for the new one and tried it.  No luck.

What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

PhilLemay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After discussion with Support, it looks like there was an issue with the SIM card upon activation and they had to fix something on their side.  Issue now resolved.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PhilLemay 

Oh dear it sounds like you jump the gun a little by swapping out the SIM card after testing it in two different phones. Unfortunately on occasion a SIM card does not provision correctly to the account upon activation. As a result it will seem like it doesn't work.

So while you did the right thing by testing it in another phone to determine it was a sim card problem you didn't need to swap out the SIM card in your new account. Instead had you posted here first you would have been directed to contact customer support.......however what's done is done and you know to contact customer support now.

If for some reason customer support has not properly provisioned your sim card to the new account yet.... Or you have yet to contact customer support then put "sim card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the details of your message or the subject line of a private message to customer support. They will be able to fix this on the back end quite quickly for you.

Maybe explain the troubleshooting you had done and ask if they will send you out a SIM card for free? It never hurts to ask the worst that can happen is they say no. 🤔

Welcome to the community! We are always happy to help and we are here when you need us.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PhilLemay   Are you activating new accounts with these new SIM cards or changing the SIM card in those accounts?

If the latter, then you need to first log into the relevant account and update the SIM card by selecting Quick Links on the top right hand side of account page and select Change SIM and follow prompts.  You will need to verify the account by logging into with 2FA or once you've completed the SIM change option.  Then put the SIM card into your phone and reboot.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PhilLemay   So, you already activated an account and login to My Account to request change sim card?

first, what kind of phone is yours?  did you check if the phone is "clean"? Check here

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Also, you don't need to keep ordering new sim card.  You should open ticket with CS agent.  They will confirm sim card setup on the system.  If it is really faulty, they might reimburse the cost:

To open ticket with CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.