cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem sending text messages to new contacts

caboog
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For some reason I can no longer send text messages to new contacts. Existing contact messages send fine and I can message a new contact if they message me first.  I have two sim cards and it is the same on both. The error message is " Not sent, tap to try again" I can tap all day long and it never goes through. Any ideas what would cause this?  Thanks in advance for your help.

12 REPLIES 12

Be aware of the effects that were listed. Just so you won't be surprised.

caboog

I have had the phone since December 2019.  It is an android not an iphone.

I will try resetting network setting and see if that works. Thanks.

caboog

Will do this.  Thanks.

caboog

Mine normally askes me what SIM card I want to use, I tried sending from both numbers and get the same message.   I checked the permission and messages has permission to use my contacts.

caboog

android running android 10

it is a unihertz titan

i use google messages

I'll try clearing the cache

Thanks.

The bubbles are meant for the iphone question which we now know you don't have.

You don't need data or wifi to text. Do you have chat or rcs turned on in whatever texting app you're using?

caboog

android

i don't know what you mean by blue or green bubble?

texting to a s number

data is on

wifi is on

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@caboog - are you using a 'new to you' iphone ?

Deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

You may also try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@caboog 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it out.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@caboog , even with 2 SIM cards, one is the default for each of talk, text and data.  I would venture a guess that the SMS app may not have contact permission and so it is building its own contact list through incoming text.  Check and update SMS app permissions as required.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@caboog   

are you on Android?.  what make and model?

and what OS you have?

I know some older Android messaging app has that problem

Try to clear cache first

If fails, try to download another messaging app and test again

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

iPhone?

iMessage?

Text. 

Blue bubble?

Green bubble?

texting to s number or email address?