cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to cancel a second phone number associated with my account

Ciniglio5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have cancelled my number but my husband's was on my account and now they keep billing for it even though it is not active.

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Ciniglio5 wrote:

I have cancelled my number but my husband's was on my account and now they keep billing for it even though it is not active.

HI @Ciniglio5   what you meant by not active?  You have ported the line away ? or you just didn't use the line? if you didn't do anything to stop the payment , even you didn't use it, you are not entitled to money back

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ciniglio5 wrote:

This sounds like you and your husband activated instore/at retail once upon a time @Ciniglio5 . Activating instore somehow allowed more than one account to have emails attached to them, but NOT really 2 different accounts officially set up.

So I presume neither or you have registered for self serve/My Accounts before. 

If not and you are a current customer (have been active within 90 days and have not ported out to another provider), you can submit a ticket here to: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

Or, methods provided by @softech 

But if you are only looking to remove Autopay (which will cancel/close the account after 90 days in nonpay status) then call 611 from your husband's device or # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device and remove Autopay that way. You will need his 4 digit account pin to do so.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ciniglio5   do you have two numbers and accounts with PM, one for yourself and one for your husband?

PM account system is one number, one account and one email address can tie with one account/number.  So, if both you and your husband are with PM, you will have two accounts and hence use different email address to login

So, you have successfully canceled your account, now you need to cancel your husband account.   Are you going to just cancel it and give up your number or you need to port out your number? 

If you just want to give up the number and cancel the account, then you just need to try to log back into My Account for your husband's account and disable Pre-Authorized payments

What you need to do is to open ticket with PM Support and they can help to find out the proper email login 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

If you want to keep the number and port it out and have not done so yet, then your PM account must be active and you arrange the porting with the new carrier

If you already ported out the account and PM was still charging you, then you just need to message PM support directly and they will investigate further and arrange refund.  Please message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ciniglio5 

Not possible to have 2 numbers on one account. Only 1 number/1 account. 
Check through his email addresses to find the Welcome to PM email then login to his account and disable AutoPay and suspend his account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I also don't fully understand. So you have two Public accounts right? You're using the same credit to pay for both right?

Did you port out either or both? Just not using it does not mean it's not active. If you keep paying for it then it's active.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ciniglio5 sorry, maybe i misunderstood.  One phone # associated with one account on the public mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.