cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to use my US credit card due to billing zip code. Chat support also doesn't work.

vitaliyh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not able to use my US credit card due to billing zip code field. Chat support also doesn't work, so I'm creating this ticket.

7 REPLIES 7

Visa cards and MC can be used internationally as long as they have the Intrac, plus symbols.

But check with the store first and read the fine print before purchasing to confirm. 

vitaliyh

Can I somehow do that while I'm in the US? I want to have everything set before I get to Canada, as we have a small baby and no time for Walmart shopping or eSIM setup after a long travel time... And without data, we won't be able to even call an Uber or use Google Maps...

@vitaliyh wrote:

It is a new activation. All my credit cards have US zip code. I'm not sure what to do. I've opened a ticket just now.

Get to Walmart and buy a re-loadable Visa or MC debit card. You can use'em to activate and pay for your PM account.

vitaliyh

It is a new activation. All my credit cards have US zip code. I'm not sure what to do. I've opened a ticket just now.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello vitaliyh

Thank you for contacting us, my name is Alex and I'm more than happy to assist. I'm sorry to see there might be an issue, but we can look into it for sure.

Please keep in mind that we can't change a postal code or the information provided to the bank. Also sadly, we can't receive card information in a message, because of privacy and security reasons. The only recommendation is to try a different card, or a payment with vouchers if it's not a new activation

Thank you, Alex

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @vitaliyh  yes, this is normal.  Although US issued card can be used here, but only if it links to a Canadian address.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This is just your post, it is not a ticket.

Open a Ticket through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Type ‘ticket’ and follow prompts. Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.