cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I left public mobile to another provider, my phone still says public mobile service.

mangomumma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the e sim the problem?  I have set up with a new/old  provider (I went back to who I came from).  My phone still says public mobile for internet, even though I am set up with my old provider and have their sim card in my phone.  I am able to make outgoing calls, but not able to receive calls.  Any suggestions.  I feel like I am getting a run around with Public Mobile.

23 REPLIES 23

@mangomumma  Excellent . We are happy to hear you got it all sorted out that’s fantastic:)

mangomumma

The solution was having the e sim deleted.  Once I was told how to do that, my new service works.

mangomumma

Thanks.  E sim being deleted fixed the problem

mangomumma

The esim being deleted was the problem.  All is well.  Thanks for the support.

mangomumma

Thanks for your support.  The problem was the PM e sim.  All is fixed now.

mangomumma

Removal of the e sim fixed the problem.  Thanks for reaching out.

mangomumma

The solution was me removing the e sim.   Think about it, when you use a new provider you put in a new sim and take out the old.  My phone showed me that I had new and old sims... because PM would not remove esim. This confused my phone.

I kept asking if the esim was the problem. 

Then the CS told me how to take it off, now my phone works.   Thanks for your support.

@mangomumma  We all happy to hear you got it sorted out 😉

mangomumma

The solution was removal of e sim.  Now my new service works.

mangomumma

E sim needed to be removed.  Now my phone works.  Thanks for the help.

mangomumma

In this situation, the e sim was the problem.  Think about it, when you move providers, you move out the old sim and put in the new providers sim.  You need to do that to be able to use your new plan.  I originally asked for the e sim to be removed, but was told that my esim would lapse once my account went dormant on my renewal date.  I was originally told no, they could not remove the e sim.  Once I was told how to remove e sim, my service with new provider worked properly.  Thanks for your help.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Port confirmation texts go to the old sim, whatever phone that's in.

HI @mangomumma   you need to contact your new provider and ask them if the porting was completed, if PM sent the phone number over to them

mangomumma

Yes over 24 hours since i went back to my old provider.  I have not receifed a port out text from PM.  If i did where would I find it?

mangomumma

I have not received a porting test from Public mobile, the port was never completed in the first place when I signed up with PM.  I am in some sort of loop between my new/old provider and PM.  Where would I find this porting text from public mobile?  If there was one to find.  I don't see anything on my phone from them.  And find it very hard to communicate with messaging and them closing my chat after 24 hours if I don't respond to them.  

@mangomumma 

eSim or not , istalled/disabled does not matter

you are moving from PM to another provider, if the porting is completed, PM sim will not be functioning anyway

For porting, it is ALWAYS the new provider to request porting, hence you need to check with the new provider.  They can retrigger the process, PM receive the porting request and will send you a text to your PM sim card and you need to reply YES for the porting to completed.  Again, once porting is completed, your PM sim will then no longer be functioning.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No that wouldn't be a problem at all, you'll want to keep your Public SIM in until it loses service. That's when the port is completed and your new SIM is functional with your new Provider. 

mangomumma

why is this handled by new provider?  Does the fact that I have my new/old providers sim and Public Mobile e sim activated in my phone part of the problem?

@mangomumma so, the Public Mobile sim still shows connected?

you said over 24 hours, over 24 hours since you replied YES to Public Mobile text to approve the porting?. or just over 24 hours after you requested porting?

Key is if you have replied YES

and you need to call your new provider and ask them the porting status, ask them to re-trigger the porting request if needed

Priority

And you replied 'Yes' to the port request text message?

mangomumma

It has been over 24 hours.

Priority

If your in the middle of porting this is normal.

Once the port is complete, which can take up to 90 minutes than the Public SIM will lose service and your new SIM will have your new number with all features functional. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mangomumma did you reply YES to the text from PM to port your number to new provider . Or not get text at all either way this would not be something Public mobile can help with . This needs to be handled by your new phone provider 

Need Help? Let's chat.