cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just ported a number yesterday can make texts not calls

sawalrus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As title said, made the transition from Bell Canada yesterday. Texts started working immediately. I've verfied the text from Bell and from Public. Am not sure if I'm having any luck submitting a ticket as this site is a nightmare. Any help is appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Let's not be too hasty. I'm having an issue right now that is still being investigated.

What all works? Calls in? Calls out? Texts in? Texts out? Browsing internet on data (not wifi)?

Can you try another maybe non-Public sim in the phone and test the same problem?

@sawalrus 

Sorry to hear, guess you need to look for a new phone.

HI @sawalrus  for the phone that  have problem, what make and model is that?  What error message it shows?

sawalrus

Thanks everyone looks like a hardware issue as the same (new) SIM works on a different phone. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sawalrus 

It sounds like the porting is almost completed.

The final step is to power off your phone before swapping the SIMs.

So at this point, just power off the phone by holding down the power button and power off then wait 2 minutes then power the phone back on.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When porting is requested you will immediately get temporary PM number while your old number is in process of transferring.

You will be able to Make calls but incoming will go to old provider.

If you did everything as required (both account active, initiated port, left old SIM in phone, replied Yes, etc.) then everything should be completed in few hours.

If you still have issues most likely you do experience SIM provisioning issue.

Contacting agent will resolve this issue.

But when somebody calls you, where calls end up? In old SIM or PM vmail? Whn you call somebody what phone number they see?

sawalrus

Thanks I am working with CS now already guess I'm (un)lucky

Will try the SIM on another phone good call

incoming calls do not work - right to VM

incoming texts work

Bell SIM no longer works

thanks! 

@sawalrus 

CSA will take a few hours to respond. 

Incoming calls work?  

Incoming texts?  

What happens when you put in your Bell Sim card? Still working?

You can also try your PM SIM card in another working phone. Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

[twas a hardware issue .............. Luddite]

sawalrus

Thanks - no, incoming doesn't work either. Thanks for the direct link to a PM

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sawalrushi incoming works? if so that's great try reseating your sim restart phone , you may have a provisioning issue with your account if that doesn't work

you can open a ticket, to speak to a customer service agent    Click here or if you are having issues with Simon you can send private message to a CS Agent here:  https://bit.ly/2GGCJzH

Need Help? Let's chat.