cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an iphone but it won't send messages to an android....WHY?????

kp42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to public mobile, but now my phone won't send texts to an android....how do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@kp42  

Best settings:

A. Settings >> Messages: iMessage ON; Send as SMS ON; MMS ON >> Send & Receive: should show phone number and Apple id email address

B. Texting should always work “if” you send to a phone number and not an email address and “if” you receive only on your phone number. So in your message settings......send/receive, only check your phone number...leave the registered email addresses unchecked.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Phil_Adelphus 

indeed, that is my experience as well when using either my personal Android vs work iPhone.

There could also be issues with sending group messages to android users, and also could have something to do with the android user perhaps utilizing android chat, which comes with its own challenges.

@HALIMACS   Usually with iPhone it knows the message is going to an Android and the message bubbles are already green instead of blue, so I wonder what colour @kp42  is seeing on the messages that won't send

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kp42 

If when you send a message, it delivers in blue color,  then it is using iMessage service to send it.

Try holding the blue message down and you should get an option in the pull down menu to "send as text message".

Tap that and it should covert to SMS and deliver in green color text.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kp42 

Also enable MMS in your iPhone settings for texting photos.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kp42 you have been sending iMessage to the Android user which they won't receive 

Go to Settings > Messages, and turn on Send as SMS.  With that your phone can send texts if iMessage fails. 

Need Help? Let's chat.