cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have activated the sim card in the London Drugs, but it doesn't work.

fokyukping
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

@esjliv 

Part of the reason I am encouraging @fokyukping to return to London Drugs is the hope that if they activated the $25+ plan they can confirm or either ensure they get the YMMV 5gb bonus add on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@fokyukping 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Did you activate with a new number or port/transfer a phone number from another provider?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services.

Incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@fokyukping 

London Drugs is currently giving a free PM SIM and free activation.

Did you get them to activate the SIM for you or did you activate the SIM at home?

I would suggest you bring it back to LD to fix your problem. Also bring your phone with you to make sure it is working.

@fokyukping 

Hmmmm and London drugs didn't ensure you had working service before you left? We can help you but I would go back to London Drugs and complain that their customer service satisfaction guarantee has been woefully unfulfilled. They may need to replace your sim card ( was it still free under their promotion?) If you activated a $25+ plan I would inquire if you qualified for the one time 5gb bonus add on? ( No one has been able to confirm if this is just a rumour or an actual promotion.)

This is unfortunate as normally I recommend London Drugs for in store activations.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone unlocked? What happens when you put it in your phone and reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.