cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number transfer

MIKAYLA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having the same problem! It’s been a month now i recently transferred from lucky mobile to public mobile and was transferring my lucky phone number to my public mobile SIM card. I received their message saying it might take a few hours to fully transfer my lucky mobile number to the public mobile sim and that I’d have a temporary number till it transfers.  I never received a temporary number I haven’t been able to receive any calls or text messages ever since I activated my public mobile sim and WAS TRYING TO transferred my lucky mobile to the public mobile SIM card! I can’t access my PM account because I’m unable to receive the 6-digit code that’s being sent to the phone number I supposedly have when I call my voicemail WITCH IS THE LUCKY MOBILE PHONE NUMBER i wanted transferred that didn’t fully get transferred or something because I can’t or haven’t received any text or phone calls!!!
I CANT EVEN UNSUBSCRIBE And TAKE AUTO PAYMENTS OFF BECAUSE I CANT ACCESS MY ACCOUNT TO SEE WHAT MY 4 digit pin is!

I JUST PAID FOR THE MONTH OF JULY FOR A PLAN THAT DOESNT EVEN WORK AND I CANT CANCEL IT!

I WANT TO CANCEL MT PLAN AND SUBSCRIPTION WITH PUBLIC MOBILE ASAP 

IM BEYOND DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED WITH THERE LACK OF SUPPORT AND NOT HAVING LIVE AGENCY TO SPEAK TO.
IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ID GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

10 REPLIES 10

KatedW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am having the same problem. Can you please send a PM to let me know how to re-request the port? Thank you!

@MIKAYLA you cannot receive incoming because porting was not done.  Lucky still holding your line as you didn't receive the text from Lucky to approve the transfer 

But to complete the port, only number from an active account can be ported around.  You will need to call Lucky and see if they can let you port with a verbal approval or if they need you to pay and resume the service so you can authorize the port by replying the text

Once that is sorted out with Lucky support, you can then call PM porting team and ask them to re-trigger the porting  request.    I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Again, call the PM porting team AFTER  you sorted out the inactive account issue with Lucky.

MIKAYLA

When calling someone it comes up as my phone number. But why haven’t I received any calls or texts I’ve texted multiple people and no one had received any of them but it’s says it sent. 
I didn’t have my lucky sim in my phone at the time I was trying to transfer it it also was no longer active the same day I set up my PM SIM. 

MIKAYLA

When trying to log into my account it sends  a code to my email witch i received and type it in successfully then it brings me to the next page witch is 

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4095.png

@MIKAYLA if Lucky account was already suspended when you requested porting, that could be why the porting was not done.  Only active account can be ported

If it was active back then, then Lucky has failed you in the process

Instead of login My Account to check your current phone number with PM, use your PM phone to call a friend, ask them if they still see your phone number or just a random number.  Let us know the result and will advise firther

@MIKAYLA- That confirmation would come to the old sim that would have had to have been in a phone to reply to it.

MIKAYLA

I’ve now paid for July 

is there away to just get a new number without having to enter the 6 digit code that I can’t receive. My lucky mobile card is no longer active and since trying to transfer I haven’t been able to receive that code. And when I tried to Transfer my lucky number I never received a text having to accept “yes” 

@MIKAYLA just want to make sure if it had been a full month yet and if the porting request is still pending

Can you login to My Account using Incognito mode, to to Profile page, check "My Phone Number", is it still showing the phone number you want to port into PM?

MIKAYLA

I’ll give it another try.

I just want my phone to work  and be able for receive text and calls. I don’t even care about having my lucky number transferred I’ll be satisfied with a new number if that fixes this problem!

what is a port and that mine might be voided and have to request for a new one if so.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MIKAYLA 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider, Lucky, and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

So, it could be the reason of the text and not a fault of PM itself. 

Also  if it has been over a month now , you old port could be voided and you will need to re-request the port.  If you are willing to give it another shot, I can walk you through the step to port your number in PM

Need Help? Let's chat.