cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not receive text messages

JK2_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently switch to public mobile from fido (without changing the phone number), and ever since I do not receive text messages from the bank, the government, etc for confirmation code. I get texts from other people but not those. Does anyone know what is causing the issue?

If not, how do I contact moderator? Thank you in advance

14 REPLIES 14

JK2_

Thank you

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks - I have a ticket in since this morning, and had several agents trying to resolve this back in August.   Sooner or later it will take a real human being inside their system to fix it.

BlueGreen

Try this link to speak to an agent. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The chat box looks like this. Bottom right corner for me. 

BlueGreen_1-1694288725216.png

Hope this helps!

John_G1

I have never been able to find that alleged link to a ticket (or further help) on the chat screen, and I have a 23" monitor). And I have never found Chat to help in this kind of thing. But your mileage may vary, as they say.

BlueGreen

That's weird. I would suggest resetting your phone. See if that helps. If you still have the same problem, then submit a ticket. You can do this by clicking on the chat box bottom right corner. See if the chat box can help first, if not, then submit a ticket. You can ask to submit a ticket or it will ask if the problem is solved and if not, then it will ask to submit a ticket. Just be warned, it can take a while for the problem to be solved because you can't speak to someone over the phone, everything is online. So you have to wait until they respond and it is a lot of back and forth. 

John_G1

My only experience of this issue has been with iPhones (other people's, I prefer Androids myself.) Maybe some of the suggestions about settings in iphones have parallels in some Androids including yours. Something to experiment with while you're waiting for a better answer ....

JK2_

I used samsung z flip 3

John_G1

what kind of phone do you have? iPhones are notorious for hiding the SMS's or making them hard to find.  The best explanation - with suggested remedies - I have found for this, not connected to PublicMobile, just the phones, is this: https://macosx-faq.com/iphone-wont-receive-verification-code-texts/

though for *17* methods instead of the five offered by this site, you can look at https://360-reader.com/fix-text-message-forwarding-not-showing-iphone-ipad/ 

JK2_

Quite a while ago, do you know if I can check whether the activation is processing or not?

JK2_

Yes, that is correct. It has been a while, definitely more than a week.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you switch carriers?  Apparently it can take a bit longer for authentication codes to make the change than it does for ordinary text messages.  I'm assuming by text messages coming through you mean SMS texts and not something like iMessage?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JK2_  .it can take a week after activation with PM to receive 2FA from financial institutions 

Need Help? Let's chat.