cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't get the 10 dollars back

Susan_Dai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it said that if I use a referral number when activate, I can get 10 dollars back. But I haven't got it. C

It also said that the referral number's owner can get a deduct of one dollar from her monthly fee, is it right? Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

Susan_Dai

My friend is using the fido plan, $30 for 20G. Why I have only  $25 for 1G here? Do we have black Friday sale here?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No, you need to pay $50 on someone's credit card, hydro, or gas bill. Then either get them to give you $50, or let them keep it and make it a $250 bonus from TDCT.

Susan_Dai

Nope, I need to know Public's bank account, so that I can pay to them from my TD app. Is this possible? Thanks.

ottawa

No @Susan_Dai wants to initiate a payment from TDCT.

I say, assuming the friend is willing, just make the $50 payment anyway. Even if they don't have a CC due now, doesn't matter it will be a credit on their account. Same for hydro and gas, even with them on automatic payments you could still send $50 (initiated from TDCT, you just need their account # at hydro or Enbridge*). Their next automatic payment should be $50 less. That's what I would do anyway, if you were paying $50 towards my hydro bill. 🙂

If the friend doesn't want to give you the $50, consider it a gift (and you still net $250 from TDCT :).

[*sorry assuming you're in Ontario]

[and a slight tangent, I used to be on auto payments, now I pay my utilities and my property taxes with Canadian Tire MC to get 1% in Canadian Tire money. I'm happy to discuss further (nothing in it for me other than helping) but I guess it should be in a thread in The Lounge or something?]

@Susan_Dai wrote:

My friend said she has no new bill to pay, and her electricity and hydro fee all are linked to her account to pay automatically. 

She advises me to prepay 50 to Public, is that possible? Thanks.

You can make payments to Public Mobile any time you wish.  There is a option to save your credit card in your Public Mobile account and have it billed automatically for each renewal. Is that what you're asking?

Susan_Dai

My friend said she has no new bill to pay, and her electricity and hydro fee all are linked to her account to pay automatically. 

She advises me to prepay 50 to Public, is that possible? Thanks.

Susan_Dai

Good idea. I will check with my friend. Thank you very much. It is so nice of you.😄

ottawa

I'm happy you're relieved, but I don't want to drop this $300 from TDCT. 🙂 Depending how close the friend is, you could pay $50 on _their_ credit card and have them give you $50 cash. AFAIK the payment doesn't have to be on a card in your own name? Or if they pay a gas or hydro bill, you could pay $50 on one of those, and get them to give you cash. Or make it a gift to thank them, depending how friendly you are (e.g. someone you met who was renting a room, vs. a lifelong friend who's welcoming you to Canada) . 🙂

Susan_Dai

Thank you very much. In fact, I am very new here. I have no bill to pay, I live with a friend. And I am changing my study visa to one which allow me to work. So, nothing to do to meet that TD requirement. I just give it up. Then, when I have nothing on my mind, i feel relieved. 😋

ottawa

Nothing to do on the PM side, you now have $25 credit and they'll take the next payment from that. But you do need to find another bill to pay at least $50. 🙂 Do you have another credit card, gas bill, hydro bill, etc.? Those are typically what we pay (actually I pay gas and hydro on Canadian Tire credit card to get 1% cashback but that's another story -- and I would pay $50 on my hydro bill if it got me $300 from TD!).

Susan_Dai

Got you, thanks. Then I have nothing to do.😁

Those options are not possible here. You can't pay outwards from a bank to Public Mobile. You can only make Public take a payment with a Visa Debit card registered here (amongst other options).

Susan_Dai

Thank you Quigley. could you kindly let me know how to contact the CS_Agent? 

I have other issue need their help. To meet the requirement of TD bank for get a newly opening account reward, I need to pay a bill online, so I need them to issue me a prepayment bill above 50 dollars.  need a prepayment bill.jpg

Susan_Dai

Thank you very much. I set the Pre-Authorized payments the day I activated it. And when I got the 10 dollars, I saw the due payment, then I made the payment. Now I saw the 25 available funds, and don't know what to do. Maybe I should just do nothing, till there is due payment.

@Susan_Dai   easiest is to set Pre-Authorized payments and let it take care

But if you are paying manually,  you can just click Amount Due,

or you can select Custom amount, then enter $25 , PM will then add appropriate tax on top of it (ie, they will charge $25 + tax to your credit card0

Susan_Dai

I paid this, is it monthly fee? After I paid, I see this in my account now._20221115222530.png

@Susan_Dai   oh that is tax

When you see PM says $25 plan, the plan is $25 but they will add tax on top when they charge your credit card

So, as you see, your plan is $25, your amount due is $25 - $10  = $15

But when PM charges your credit they will charge $15+tax = $16.80

Susan_Dai

20221115222338.png

@Susan_Dai wrote:

Thank you. Just checked my account and found that I got the 10 dollars. And now the new problem is I need to pay 16 dollars. I activate on Nov 10th, when need I pay the monthly fee? I chose the 25-dollar plan.  

@Susan_Dai   if your plan is $25, with the $10 in Available Fund, you shoud only need to top up another $15 before next renewal date

Can you login to My Account and post us the screenshot where you see $16?  

Susan_Dai

Thank you. Just checked my account and found that I got the 10 dollars. And now the new problem is I need to pay 16 dollars. I activate on Nov 10th, when need I pay the monthly fee? I chose the 25-dollar plan.  

Susan_Dai

I activate on Nov. 10th. Thanks.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Offer is correct but payout is not immediate. If nothing happens after 3-4 days, come back for further instructions.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Susan_Dai 

$10 comes to you in 72 hours but usually shows as a credit to your balance in your My Account the next day. 

Your friends My Rewards Account should show YOUR number in the referrals area as xxx-xxx-1234. Ask if it does. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Susan_Dai 

Yup, that's how it's supposed to work.

If it didn't work like that and it's been more than 82 hours, then get help from a PM customer service agent.

Use either the Chatbot Simon to get a ticket or send a private message to CS_Agent

They'll fix that up for you.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Susan_Dai hi how long since activatoin?,it takes up to 72 hours to see it in your account and yes they get 1 dollar per cycle 

Need Help? Let's chat.