cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot receive phone calls. I have data and i can make outgoing calls but i cannot receive them.

WenLue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive phone calls. I have data and I can make outgoing calls but i cannot receive them.  I see my simcard works as the top of my phone shows public mobile, and i do get data.  I  just cannot receive phone calls.  Can someone please advise?

9 REPLIES 9

@WenLue 

If you didn’t reply to the text, that means the porting is not completed and your old SIM is still active unless you cancelled the service with them.

sunnyrose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Basically porting old number failed.   You need message @CS_Agent and ask help to redo porting. 

Also you need plug old sim back, answer yes for porting message. 

Good luck.

@WenLue wrote:

So basically I forgot to reply yes to my old carrier and now it is fully terminated.  It looks like my current number was ported and other people can see it (the intended number) but i cannot receive calls from that number.  When I call it is fine but when people call me the phone says it is not inservice

@WenLue   did you call your old provider to cancel the service?  

Again, you should have the old provider service ACTIVE for the port to complete.  If you have never reply YES, it sound like you either have called old provider yourself to cancel the service or didn't pay the bill for the old provider and service stopped

DON"T call PM porting team yet, do this first

1. Call your old provider first, ask them what is the status of the account there, Check if it is in a good status to be ported (account active)
  2. Once it is sorted out, call the PM porting team number I sent you and ask PM to re-trigger the process

@WenLue @Call the number I sent you , they will be able to help you get your number , and complete the port 

WenLue

So basically I forgot to reply yes to my old carrier and now it is fully terminated.  It looks like my current number was ported and other people can see it (the intended number) but i cannot receive calls from that number.  When I call it is fine but when people call me the phone says it is not inservice

@WenLue wrote:

I did not i think i switched over the sim card too quickly and forgot to confirm and now the old carrier is terminated.  Did I lose my number or will i have to reactivate the old carrier?

@WenLue 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

I will send you a number via private message to the porting team and hopefully they can help you complete the transfer 

WenLue

I did not i think i switched over the sim card too quickly and forgot to confirm and now the old carrier is terminated.  Did I lose my number or will i have to reactivate the old carrier?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@WenLue @Did you just port your number to public mobile ? If so did you reply YES to the confirmation text from your old carrier ?

if you  did try rebooting your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.