cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can text but I cannot receive security codes to log on to my bank or workplace

TeddyTee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot receive security codes for my bank or workplace or any other site that requires s security code to log on.

14 REPLIES 14

TeddyTee

I've submitted at least 4 tickets so far. Still waiting for them to fix the problem

TeddyTee

bank says it's Public Mobil's problem since  they were able to send the code prior when I was on Bell Mobility

TeddyTee

I have wrote Customer Support many times and there are a lot of "ticket" answers but none have solved my problem yet

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@TeddyTee wrote:

I cannot receive security codes for my bank or workplace or any other site that requires s security code to log on.

@TeddyTee , I know it’s frustrating. I see @softech suggested 3 times (twice on this post & once on your new post abut this same thing) that you create a support ticket to Customer Support. Please let is know what the CSA says when they respond back to your support message to them. I hope it gets fixed very soon. We would do it for you but we don’t work for Public Mobile, we’re Customers on this public community forum that’s responding back to your posts. We can help you fix some things but not everything unfortunately 😔.

@TeddyTee 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/can-t-pay-bills-since-can-t-receive-secur...

in the meantime, try to contact your bank, they can set the account to  bypass the 2FA process temporarily.  They have done that a lot for people overseas or with phone issue

TeddyTee

I can't pay any bills without receiving security codes. I'm hoping some one can fix this since there is no one to "talk" to. It's been over a week and I cannot logon to my bank or workplace.  Why can I receive a security code from Public Mobile to log on to this site and why does my wife's phone, who also has an account here, able tor receive security codes  right away when she opened her account. If this isn't fixed soon, I will have to find another provider, which is a shame, since everything else works,

@TeddyTee   you had another post yesterday

did you open a ticket with PM support yet  We are only customers and for your situation, you need PM support to look into it and refresh the account.  If you have opened ticket already, check the Community inbox for their reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if no reply yet, message them again for update (message using Method 2 below)

If you have not open ticket yet, please open it using method 1 below (or method 2 if you are unable to open via Chatbot)

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

And in the meantime, try to contact your bank, they can set the account to  bypass the 2FA process temporarily.  They have done that a lot for people overseas or with phone issue

TeddyTee

I'm hoping some one can fix this since there is no one to "talk" to. It's been over a week and I cannot receive security  codes to logon to my bank or workplace.  Why can I receive a security code from Public Mobile to log on to this site and why does my wife's phone, who also has an account here, able tor receive security codes  right away when she opened her account. If this isn't fixed soon, I will have to find another provider, which is a shame, since everything else works,

@TeddyTee   the delay of receiving 2FA is normal after a phone number porting, this can happen to all provider.

Bank also purposely put an extra long delay for 2FA after porting to avoid Sim Fraud

However, as said, if it has been over a week, this is unusual.  You have opened ticket with PM support yet?  Have them to confirm if it is caused by a blockage on PM system.  Let us know how it turns out

TeddyTee

It's been more than a couple of days. Why didn't I have this problem with Bell Mobility. And why didn't my wife have this problem and she's with Public Mobile. And why can I receive Public Mobile security code to log to this site.

It;s very important to access my banks and workplace and I cannot without a  security code

TeddyTee

I did switch the sim card with my wife's Apple phone and the problem remained, And I could get Public Mobile security code to log on to this site, That one was working, but I just disabled it.

@TeddyTee   do you have another phone to test the sim card?

And can you at least get the security code from PM's My Account login?

If it has been over a week, I would open a ticket with PM Support and have them to check

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

TeddyTee

It's been over a week and nothing...can't log on to my bank or workplace or any other personal site that requires a security code

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TeddyTee   did you just join and did you just port in your phone number?

If you just port in your number, this is a NORMAL behaviour, for the first couple days 

System text like 2FA takes couple days to learn that you have changed phone carriers and route the text to you correctly.  Within the next couple days, the text shoudl start coming.  All text should come within one week.  

Also, banks set this delay on purpose as well to avoid sim fraud

So, just wait couple more days, and you should be ok

Need Help? Let's chat.