Did you mean: 

I can't make a call and send a message

Taozi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't make a call and send a message

5 REPLIES 5

KayKaos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe you need to manually update your APN settings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Taozi  - more details would be helpful here. Are you a new customer or have you been one for a while and this is an all of a sudden thing? Did you port your number over to Public? Can you receive calls and texts? What about data, does it work?

Anything else could be helpful for us to troubleshoot. Some things to try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Check for outages in your area:

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you’ve paid and your credit information is update to date and valid try contacting a CS agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Taozi  

what messaging do you hear when you dial 611. (it may or may not work)

If you can’t call it, call 18554PUBLIC, enter your Public Mobile phone number, and listen to the account status messaging.

If that’s not the issue, are you brand new here or an existing customer?

I presume you looked into your account to check the particulars

bredsgn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you pay for your subscription?  Have you check your credit card info is up to date?

Need Help? Let's chat.