cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't activate my sim card

Gainsironpulsar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have set up my public mobile account and already purchased my plan. Two hours ago I got everything set up and popped the sim card in and entered the info to switch carriers to this sim card. I received a text from public mobile that there was a problem with the info I provided and the public mobile team will contact me shortly. It's been approximately two hours and I still haven't received any phone calls. I entered my mobile account password from my previous carrier when I was asked to provide my CIN number which I suspect that could the problem. What should I do next?Public Mobile ran into a issue.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gainsironpulsar 

You may or may not have entered the correct info to port your phone #. But it does seem that if you put the pm SIM card in your ohone and then ported your number in then you would not have had your old SIM card in your ohone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of recieving it. If you missed this step a second time then third time lucky you wont miss it on your third go around.

Welcome to public mobile!

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@Gainsironpulsar wrote:

I have set up my public mobile account and already purchased my plan. Two hours ago I got everything set up and popped the sim card in and entered the info to switch carriers to this sim card. I received a text from public mobile that there was a problem with the info I provided and the public mobile team will contact me shortly. It's been approximately two hours and I still haven't received any phone calls. I entered my mobile account password from my previous carrier when I was asked to provide my CIN number which I suspect that could the problem. What should I do next?Public Mobile ran into a issue.jpg

The link in that text message is outdated and should not be used.  Please use the link that esjliv has provided to the SIMon chatbot.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

So you followed all the steps? Kept the old sim in the phone to reply to porting text with your previous account in good standing? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gainsironpulsar   maybe you have enter a wrong account number.  There is a phone number to call to get this sorted out.  i will private message you the number.  Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Gainsironpulsar  - Sounds like you were transferring a number from another provider?

Submit a ticket with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

OR, I will send you a porting ONLY phone number to call, check your private messages, as we are not supposed to post it here.

ShaunnyP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You must have inputted the wrong IMEI number / wrong account number during the porting process...or your phone is locked to your current carrier and cannot be transferred to a different carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.