cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not receive phone call.

linlinfz1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I  fail to port my phone number from previous supplier. My previous phone number is not active any more. What can I do? Should I have to change to another phone number? It is very strange that i can only receive phone call from my husband.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@linlinfz1 

Who is your old provider? If it is koodo or telus then you can still port in your phone number from an inactive account as long as the account has not been canceled. If this is the case then you need for reinitiate your port request with customer support or by calling the telus porting department. Immediately afterwards call your provider  to verify and verbally approve the port request. If you are coming from koodo prepaid you need the assistance of customer support to complete your number transfer.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, you may have to call the Porting team

They May be able to help you once you still have access to your old provider’s phone number and working sim.  
Good luck

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@linlinfz1 

You will not receive any incoming calls or text messages until your old provider release your phone number to PM.

Yes you can login to your PM account to get a new number from PM.

If your phone number was given to you by the old provider, you can reactivate you phone number by paying for a cheapest plan from your old provider,  Otherwise, your phone number was return to the provider who gave your phone number because then old provider does not own that number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@linlinfz1 , if your old phone number was not associated with an active account and your wish to get a new number, you can simply go into the self serve account and change phone number from the profile tab.  As for receiving calls from your husband it's because Public Mobile has assigned the port requested number to your account even though the port might not be successful.  This information is local to the Telus network customers only.  

Was the number active at the old carrier when you made the request?  Only active phone numbers can be transferred to another carrier.

Need Help? Let's chat.