cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can make phone calls but not receiving them.

Ericodesso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am porting a land line number from Bell.  I can make phone calls from the new account but not receiving them.  Here is the timeline:

Activation started: Tuesday 6 PM

Land line terminated: Wednesday 3:30 PM

Outgoing calls enabled: Wednesday 5:30 PM

Still not able to receive calls at this time: Thursday 9:45 AM

I activated another Public Mobile account at the same time with a new number.  That one went through within a matter of seconds.

10 REPLIES 10

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lieux wrote:

@Ericodesso wrote:

Sorry, how do I put a "Problem solved" tag?

You have a box with ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION  above the messages...click on it in the message with the solution.

Thx @Lieux for the clarification... 🙂

@Ericodesso wrote:

You have a box with ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION  above the messages...click on it in the message with the solution.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ericodesso wrote:

Perhaps in the 3 dots at the top right of the post?

Ericodesso

Ericodesso

Update:

Friday morning at 8:00 AM, I received a text notification telling me that the porting is complete! Works perfectly now.

Thank you all.

Bell has a habit of delaying landline ports.  They will attempt to win you back to their service.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ericodesso wrote:

I am porting a land line number from Bell.  I can make phone calls from the new account but not receiving them.  Here is the timeline:

Activation started: Tuesday 6 PM

Land line terminated: Wednesday 3:30 PM

Outgoing calls enabled: Wednesday 5:30 PM

Still not able to receive calls at this time: Thursday 9:45 AM

I activated another Public Mobile account at the same time with a new number.  That one went through within a matter of seconds.

@Ericodesso  From what you describe since your account got terminated Bell released the number or is in the process of releasing it. Not sure where the delay is but maybe a good idea to send the moderators a message to make sure that the port is not stuck. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Ericodesso

Thank you.  I'll wait and see.  I was thinking that I did something wrong with the settings on my phone.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed with @Dunkman .... your port did not go through.

You can wait for it to go through, I however would get a message over to a Moderator just to get yourself in line for help. (response times are 24 hours+)

You do have a temporary number assigned to you so you can use that in case you need a working number....

Good luck!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ericodesso 

Your port has not been completed yet.  Landlines and VOIP lines do take longer up to one week sometimes.  Mobile lines are ported within few hours usually. 

Maybe wait another 1-2 days.  If not completed, you will need to contact moderator.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.