cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Started having problems receiving texts

Kate_mcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I started having problems receiving texts from a friend. I was with her and she sent me a text and I didn't receive it. I checked everything I could think of and I'm not an airplane mode and I can't figure it out any help would be appreciated.

Just in case the informations needed I have a Samsung a21

8 REPLIES 8

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious Always the best things to do at first especially before panicking. 

@Kate_mcc 

Toggling airplane mode on/off causes your phone to completely disconnect from the network. It will then establish a new connection (often better connection) to the network. After rebooting this is the second most common troubleshooting technique to fix issues with sending and recieving text messages or a poor reception with calls. This is likely what fixed your problem recieving text messages. Keep this in mind if you encounter a similar issue in the future.

Kate_mcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't know how it happened but I was turning on and off the airplane setting or rather I should say off then on again and a couple of other settings and somehow I got my texts back something must I've been wrong thank you everyone who replied

yup.. missed to check.. thanks

@softech 

@Kate_mcc started, in the Community. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 11.10.18 AM.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kate_mcc  are you new to PM?  Just joined today with a porting?

or you have been awhile? if so.. were you ever able to receive text from your friend?  Just want to make sure if it was working and just stopped or it never works.

This could be a case of either the sender and/or receiver having chat or iMessage settings enabled.

On Android (RCS)
(The chat bubbles are dark blue when Chat enabled or light blue when SMS/TXT are used)

On the Messaging app,
tap 3 little dots top right, click Settings
under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type",
Switch from Automatic to Text/multimedia msg

On Apple
(Blue ones are sent using Apple's iMessage while Green are SMS)

change the iMessage settings by
Click on Settings app,
click Messages,
Turn iMessage off (switch from green to grey)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kate_mcc : Can you send a text? Calls in/out? Data? Is your friend on an iphone? Or using the chat feature in the phone? Are you using the chat feature?

Need Help? Let's chat.