cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Working

NTkotz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can dial and receive calls but there is no sound.  I can’t hear anything and the person on the other line can’t hear me.  I also can’t access my voice mails.  I can call voice mail but can’t hear the messages.  

please help as I only have a cell phone!

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@NTkotz wrote:

I can dial and receive calls but there is no sound.  I can’t hear anything and the person on the other line can’t hear me.  I also can’t access my voice mails.  I can call voice mail but can’t hear the messages.  

It could simply be that the earpiece speaker in your phone has failed. When on a call, try some alternate audio modes such as:

• Speakerphone mode
  • External headphones via 3.5mm headphone jack
  • External bluetooth earphone/headset
  • External USB earphone/headset

611 is a good test number to see if you hear anything, as previously suggested. You can also call 226-244-4444 which is an echo test number - it will play back whatever it hears.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@NTkotz wrote:

Hello @NTkotz 

Do a Reset of the Network Settings on your phone:

iPhone:

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

Samsung:

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

Try your SIM card into another compatible phone and see if the same thing happens. This would rule out a phone or account/network issue.

If the issues persists in another device ask the Moderators to check your account.

Two methods to contact Moderators, here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Set up your voicemail with help from this article: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

@NTkotz 

If above suggestions don't help, more details would  be useful.  

New customer?  Did you port number over?

Did talk ever work with Public mobile?  

What about text and data?  

Which model phone? 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NTkotz 

Yikes... sorry to hear that.  What if you call 611?  I'm guessing you can't hear anything either?  It sounds like there may be something physically broken on your phone. 

Do you have a friend/family you can ask to borrow their phone?  If so, you can put your SIM card in there to see if it works.  If it does, see if they'll let you put their SIM card into your phone to test.  I would do that first to see if it's a phone or Public Mobile issue.

If your SIM works okay in their phone - it's your own phone's problem.  I'm guessing you're tried turning it off, then back on again?  

If their SIM does NOT work in your phone either (no sound), then it sounds like your phone is broken = buy a new phone.  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NTkotz 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.