cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I AM 100% FED UP OF THE ERRATIC WORKING OF PM FOR EVERY AND ANY TOPIC.

pmnc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello YET ANOTHER PROBLEM!!! Why does my account say: PACKAGE EXPIRED??? I changed nothing! The only thing I changed was my credit card number. I changed and entered the new credit card number MID-CYCLE, so about 15 DAYS before the due date!! Public Mobile had LOTS of time to modify its records!!...

FED UP FED UP FED UP!!!

Been with PM for less than 3 months and never seen such a poor service, such a poor company.
ABOMINABLE

15 REPLIES 15

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@pmnc wrote:

Moreover, it seems that I have "LOST" my monthly 2$ credit for automatic renewal (by credit card)

As long as you can see this on main account page, you are on autopay.

Meow_0-1650040885921.png

Good practice when updating CC info is to manually add $1 to your account just to confirm new CC is accepted and works OK with PM.

On My Rewards page you can always confirm your rewards.

If something is off, contact agent and they will assist you.

To remove one of those stresses, Public will have no impact on your credit score. It's prepaid. And names and addresses and birthdates don't have to be real as they are not verified.

Maybe you could give an image of your overview page. Don't show identifiable information.

pmnc

Thank you.
I joined Public Mobile on 12th of January 2022.

@pmnc wrote:

My credit score with EQUIFAX/TRANSUNION is PERFECT: OVER 950.
And PUBLIC MOBILE' because of this ROTTEN SYSTEM dare pretend that my account is EXPIRED?
I'M FURIOUS, ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS.

@pmnc 

Your account status Plan expired has nothing to do with your credit card.  In fact, PM is not a pre-auth. payment and it won't affect your credit score

The Plan Expired just mean your plan will be going through renewal.  It is a status for your PM Account.  not your credit card

Again, if you have phone service now, nothing to worry, check back after noon today and you might see the status change back to Active.

@pmnc wrote:

Moreover, it seems that I have "LOST" my monthly 2$ credit for automatic renewal (by credit card)

When you join PM ?  If you join after Jan 25, there is no $2 Autopay discount but it will become 5% Public Points.  Check your My Reward for your point reward you have now

pmnc

(ACTUALLY, Public Mobile Has lost its mind and has lost my recurrent 2$ monthly credit)
HOWEVER, I NEVER STOPPED this automatic renewal process.
Still ANOTHER problem.
ISNT'IT easy to understand why I am so infuriated?

pmnc

But Should I "top" my account as there is ALREADY
AND AS FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, THE VERY FIRST DAY my subscription for AUTOMATIC RENEWAL with my credit card???

pmnc

OK, but... THAT'S NOT ENOUGH.
Public Mobile MUST fix this.
It's TOO MUCH STRESS for me.
My credit score with EQUIFAX/TRANSUNION is PERFECT: OVER 950.
And PUBLIC MOBILE' because of this ROTTEN SYSTEM dare pretend that my account is EXPIRED?
I'M FURIOUS, ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS.
Mainly, because I'M SURE it cames from this new credit card number
EVEN if I made the change TWO WEEKS before renewal date.
Strangely, it never happened with the original credit card number.
(EVEN IF IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS I had to suffer/bear MANY MORE PROBLEMS than in 15 YEARS with Rogers, my previous phone company.

@pmnc   did you say the account status showing Plan Expired?  if so no worry

Plan Expired just meant PM is going to renew your plan, as long as your phone service is still working, as long as you have Autopay enabled or you already have enough fund in the account, you can ignore that Plan Expired status.   You only have to worry about it if it says Suspended and you have no phone service

pmnc

Yes, so much stress, because of that poor system.
I had to modify my credit card number because the previous C.C" was going to expire.
HOWEVER, I did it 2 WEEKS BEFORE the date of renewal.
SO, IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO SET MY FILE UP TO DATE ????
I'M TOTALLY FURIOUS...
The true FACT is that I've subscribed to Public Mobile only a few months ago.
So far, it was roughly OK.
(Although A LOT of problems with I.D., passwords, etc.)
And I'm not an idiot in I.T.
I've teached that and worked 2 years in a computer security company.
This system is rotten from A to Z.
And now, SUDDENLY, having only changed my Credit Car number TWO WEEKS before renewal, I got this stupid and STRESSING warning....WHY FOR GOD'S SAKE??
TOTATLLY INFURIATED.

pmnc

Yes, so much stress, because of that poor system.
I had to modify my credit card number because the previous C.C" was going to expire.
HOWEVER, I did it 2 WEEKS BEFORE the date of renewal.
SO, IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO SET MY FILE UP TO DATE ????
I'M TOTALLY FURIOUS...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Does it show this,  @pmnc 

HALIMACS_0-1649930700912.png

Completely normal messaging on the evening of renewal, however it's clearly understandable why it causes so much undue stress on newer customers.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I changed my card a day or 2 after activation with no issue, it sounds like it may just be the message everyone gets on their account the night before renewal which as the community said, you can ignore....unless of course you are still days away from renewal then it may be another issue.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes PM says your plan expired when it's renewing your plan.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry for the inconvienece.

Do you mean your plan expired?

If so, have you topped up your account covering your plan price?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pmnc 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The payment system is finicky at times. 

When is your renewal date?  Is it tomorrow?  

Is your plan/phone working right now?  If working, I would not worry.  Public mobile has various warnings the night before renewal. As long as your phone is working, everything should renew overnight and all the warnings will be gone in the morning.  

If your phone is not working, just us know and we can offer further advice.  

Need Help? Let's chat.